Trial Limitations limit a users experience to want to buy

I have a real life friend that I was immensely excited was willing to give World of Warcraft a try. As people who invest a offense amount in games that we enjoy, I had no doubt he would love it and buy the game and continue playing with me.

Unfortunately though, what I found was all of the fun features and things that I have come to love about WoW was not available to him. As I’m explaining how exciting the Christmas festivities are, he couldn’t see the tree, decorations, or ride on the sleigh. When when I wanted to give him a taste of leveling - I tried to trade him to offer him bags for his character, but trials aren’t allowed.

Basically, every step of the way became riddled with obstacles that made him unable to experience the game in a way that would encourage him to be a new player. So, I lost him, and I’m sad. Had things worked the same way they worked for me, his experience would have been different and he’d still be playing. Now I’m all alone on the game again and probably won’t renew my subscription either because I don’t have anyone to play with!

I don’t see the point in limitations. Give new players the same amazing experience that everyone has so that you get a better chance to keep them. Why limit their experience? I don’t understand.

The limitations are because people use Trial (free) accounts to illicitly trade gold and materials for real world money (gold sellers). So the starter accounts have almost all the social features disabled.

The trial is intended to make sure people can play the game on their computer (tech wise), that they can check out the move mechanics and other basics. It is not to experience full content.

If you want to give feedback on the WoW Trial system you would want to post on the WoW forums though. The WoW team does not come here.

This particular forum is for feedback about the Support section of the Blizzard website.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/