Too Much Change!

The what? Past few months. I have noticed small icon changes, changes to battle.net, and changes to Forums’ entire layouts. Let me please just start by saying that. The new crap looks horrible. The old icon for Blizzard battle.net launcher was way more advanced looking and eye-catching. I want it back. Now it looks like something from a crackerjack box. I don’t know who is in charge over there? tripping over wires they need not be tripping on. When you change too much we cannot identify what we are clicking on and are worried that maybe a hacker is in changing stuff. Nowadays I’ve noticed blizzard not understanding their player base but now it has gone too far. I think I will have to blame the Activision taking over I guess on this one!

3 Likes

Blizzard is dead. Look up for the new Mike Morhaime company for that old blizzard feeling.

This might be a bit off topic but I’ve been reaching out to Blizzard support since March 9th, 2021. I have reached out to them pretty much every day since then. Unfortunately for me I’m not the super awesome wiz kid computer type that can figure this stuff in a heartbeat. This brought me to the point or writing this note. Here’s my readers digest version of the issue Blizzard Support hasn’t been able (or not willing to) Help me. Here’s the deal, I purchased the Gilded Age III Pro Pack. All that I an asking for is for someone in the support area to help me get my Gilded Age bundle and I’ll get out of your life forever. Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to help me. Best Regards, Bruce Ironside (aka IFuHOPuSuK #1898).

Hey IFuHOPuSuK,

If that bundle was something bought through CoD’s in-game shop, Bliz won’t have any involvement in it. You will need to contact Activision’s customer support for assistance.

Leviathan, Regarding my note above, Thank you VERY much for clarifying the issue with what I thought was an activation issue. My biggest mistake is thinking that Blizzard and Activision were related to each other. Now, one more quick question, what is the difference between CoD’s "in-game shop’ AND Blizzards whatever it’s called shop?

I don’t play any of the CoD games so I’ll admit that I don’t know much about them. But when I was asking around before replying to you, someone brought up CoD’s in-game shop. So, assuming there is an in-game shop…

The in-game shop would be exclusively accessed from inside the game. A ‘regular’ shop would be accessed from a web browswer outside of the game.

When it comes to Bliz’s involvement with the CoD games, Bliz is only serves as a seller. (They will also help with downloading, installing and patching because it’s Bliz’s launcher that handles all that.)

However, once a transaction sucessufully completes, support for anything that occurs inside the game falls on Activision.

To add to what Leviathan said, they are actually two different companies. So they have their own shop interface, payment processing, billing staff, etc.

The confusion comes in because the stock holding company over top of several studios is Activision-Blizzard (ATVI). Under that stock holding company remains several separate companies. Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Gaming, etc.

Blizzard does make the launcher that you can use to buy games and launch them. Once launched though - you are transferred to Activision’s servers. They run those servers, handle all game issues, shop issues, discipline, game bugs, etc.

Thank you again for the clarification. One take away that I see is that there are a lot of hands in the cookie jar which in turn feeds more money to the $2billion+ mega company (Activision).