The Good & The Bad of Diablo I Added to Battle.net Launcher

The Good: It’s in the launcher. This is awesome! The old battle.net servers for multiplayer are back online as well.

The Bad: It’s buggy, won’t launch from the launcher, have to open the game folder and manually open it. Also, no enhancements at all.

There are many projects like DevilutionX, TheHell, etc. that have added higher resolution support, etc. to the game. These are one-person projects. Blizzard has a huge team. Please stop being lazy and doing another cash grab. Put some actual effort into offering a classic game in your shop. I literally just wasted $9.99 to have this in the launcher and I won’t be playing this way. I already have Diablo I through GOG and use DevilutionX. Much better experience. Blizzard is great at not listening to their customers and prioritizing monetization above all else. The purchase also includes Hellfire expansion, which you can’t even open from the launcher. You have to open this from the game folder directly as well. Even the game page in the launcher is an afterthought. Also, duping still works in this version.

1 Like