Support button doesn't work

I’m not sure if this is a support site feedback issue but I’m out of options. Basically whenever I click the support button on either the Forums or battle net, it randomly redirects me to a chinese version of a support site: ttp://support.blizzard.com/zh/

Even if I try to change the language using the selector at the bottom of the page it always comes out in chinese.

Then I translate my way to contact support and my issue doesn’t fit into any categories so it directs me to: ttp//support.blizzard.com/zh/help/contact/322/ticket

Here I can either submit a question or talk with someone, but the talk with someone tab is greyed out and not available. The submit a form option requires me to have a taiwanese ID which doesn’t make any sense because I’m not taiwanese.

So basically I’m blocked out from getting any kind of proper support for this issue.

Does clicking on https://us.support.blizzard.com/en/ work ?

1 Like

Yeah… when one clicks on the Support button, it wants to open the default site for your home region. For example, if you look at my BattleTag (Boubou#1741), the first “1” means my home region is NA. So, it opens the Support site in US English. Your BattleTag (aria-6668) has a “6”… so that’s probably why it opens in Chinese.

Yes… that feature appears to be broken… but only on the Support site – the one at the bottom of forums sill work. I used to be able to switch language on Support articles that way… but no longer can. It’s a bug, I suppose. The workaround is to manually type the region and language… that seems to work for me.

That could be because Support does not provide support for your issue. There has been many changes since Microsoft acquired Activision-Blizzard… if you provide some details, I or someone else might be able to redirect you to an appropriate page.

im having this problem too, and found a reddit thread with someone else experiencing this. we’re both based in australia. it doesnt matter if you change the language manually through the website, or try and type the url with /us at the end.

edit* i’ve submitted two tickets in the past week or two and at that time the website was working fine in english

2 Likes

Thanks for the response, that explains the chinese language being selected automatically. So not being able to change the language is most likely a bug I’m assuming so lets just leave that alone for now.

One of my problems were the fact that the support page was stuck in chinese, which I don’t think it fits in one of the existing categories. However this all started when I tried to comment on the WoW forums but it has a message saying that I must have at least one level 10 character before I can make a comment.

So I’m not too sure what counts as a character but I am on WoW Forever with multiple 10+ characters, but maybe since it is a beta it doesn’t count, however I did play WoW during Legion with at least a level I guess 80+ character. Do I have to select a character somewhere or is it been too long since I played or something?

Correct… your Forever heroes do not count.

I don’t play WoW so I’m not 100% sure… I think you need to use the dropdown menu that appears when you click on the WoW icon on the right side of the screen, and then use the “Change Character” menu item at the bottom of that dropdown menu.

Also, you can only post on the region you play on (excluding Beta and PTR who are always hosted on NA)… if your Legion heroes are on EU, you will need to use the EU forums.

Another point I learned about recently… you also need to have an active subscription to post on most categories. The only exceptions are probably Customer Support and the Technical Support forums. An alternative might be to use a free Starter Edition hero (levelled to at least level 10).

But, as I said, I don’t play WoW and I’ve gathered those details by spending some time reading the WoW forums… so, you may have to do some trial and error there.

Good luck !!

1 Like