Stuck @ " Updating Battlenet ""

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and now I can’t even reinstall the Battle net App no more. Not sure what happened but no longer working!

7 Likes

for warzone? thank you

1 Like

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and now I can’t even reinstall the Battle net App no more. Not sure what happened but no longer working!

1 Like

Hey there,

We may want to try troubleshooting security apps and restarting the PC/Network devices. I have also seen some users try a VPN to bypass certain types of network issues.

Let us know how things go, cheers!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue and I’ve tried everything recommended. The progress bar moves a little when it’s at the Updating Battle.net part and then reverts back to where it started.

4 Likes

In your situation, you may need to do a clean reinstall of the app. While you may have already attempted a reinstall, we would need to remove all the old files first as there could be corruption.

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If none of that helps, then it’s likely there is something on the PC blocking the install or a networking issue. If you have any antivirus software, uninstall that and then restart the PC to test the Blizzard app install.

4 Likes

Hi guys I have seen numerous threads like this and I had a similar issue. My solution was the firewall on my router. I just logged on to its interface and I turned it down a level and everything started downloading and installing.

Before this I tried EVERYTHING and read numerous threads telling me to delete %appdata% folders and %programdata% etc like above but to no avail. Hope this helps someone as it was quite frustrating.

6 Likes

Hello,
I had the same issue. In my case, msinfo32 returned an error and diagnostic was empty. The answer from Blizzard support was (and that worked) :
Launch a command line as administrator; then use :

• net stop winmgmt
  • winmgmt /resetrepository
  • net start winmgmt

Retry updating (or re-installing your bnet client if you were trying to install it).

8 Likes

i have tried everything and i can’t fix it too

2 Likes

i thought i was doing something wrong but my battlenet app is stuck on the update and it gives me an error when its done

3 Likes

same here, nothing work for me…

1 Like

Same thing here, I cannot install the battle.net agent to start with.

1 Like

I’ve done this, and it does not work either, it hangs on the very last bit of the progress bar. Any ideas?

1 Like

Bro this company is bad. I wasted 60 euros for diablo and it never downloaded stuck at applying update. Then i unistalled battle net app and tried to reinstall it BUT IT NEVER GOT DOWLOADED IT STUCK THAT ONE TOO IN UPDATING. BAD BAD BAD
COMPANY

3 Likes

Thats what they do bro. They tell you to buy their games 60$ and then you cant play them. Nice scam. That is a fraud i only care about the result and the result is that i WASTED MY MONEY ON THEM AND CANT PLAY MY GAME

1 Like

I am frustrated cause i tried EVERYTHING. I will ask for a refund i demand my money back, just because they scam that does not mean that i will let them have my hard earned money

1 Like

That’s not working, please, fix the app

1 Like

lies, there’s no fix tor this error and the Devs have no idea what to do

1 Like

Howdy y’all,

We aren’t aware of any current bugs causing the Blizzard app to get stuck updating. The vast majority of people are able to install the Blizzard app and launch without any errors.

If this is happening after a clean reinstall of the Blizzard app then this problem is often due to a permission problem on the computer blocking the update (such as security software), a networking issue or a deeper problem such as a broken WMI repository. Without system files, it’s difficult to provide specific recommendations.

If you have tried all the previous recommendations and are still unable to get the app to work, then I recommend creating a support ticket with your MSinfo system files so this can be investigated.