Stuck on "Updating the Battle.net Update Agent"

I have tried EVERYTHING so do not ask me to delete temp files, do not ask me to run the exe as admin I have tried every suggestion on these forms. I tried to update Warzone then It gave me this STUPID error of oops something broke. I then tried to run a repar on the game and in just scanned for the whole day. Then Uninstalled battle.net and am now stuck with this stupid Issue when trying to re-install. Can anyone help me?

29 Likes

Same thing is happening with World of Warcraft and TBC.
Tried reinstalling Battle.Net, clearing cache, same issue.
Uninstalled TBC and now it would not let me installing, getting the same ā€œoopsā€ error.
This is ridiculous.

6 Likes

I have the same problem since last day.

2 Likes

Same here. stuck on update error, scan n scan, still not working. help~~~~~~

1 Like

Having the same issue, tried everything to fix it, both official and non-official methods. From using a VPN, to deleting all files, turning off firewalls, restarting computer, every single suggestion I could find for the like few days, and nothing has worked. I canā€™t install battle net, and canā€™t play the games I have paid for. This problem has been up for 5 days with no response, please help us blizzard

5 Likes

Anyone figure anything out. Im running into the same issue. I canā€™t download any games and uninstalling and reinstalling doesnt help. Vpn doesnt work. Neither does deleting temp files.
UPDATE: Just solved my issue.
Resetting my network settings seemed to do the trick.
Go to your Network and Internet Settings
Then click on Network Reset
Your computer will uninstall and reinstall all your network drivers
After it will restart your PC
Then see if your issue has been resolved.

12 Likes

Do you know a tutorial for that? I tried it out but I havenā€™t found it yet.

For anyone who has had the misfortune of encountering this error, and tried everything to fix this on all of the forums, I have some slight hope for you.

Finally, FIXED after spending a full day on this. The ā€œnetwork resetā€ recommended by SadSenpai above did the trick. Hope it works for you too.

3 Likes

I tried the network reset described by SadSenpai but sadly it did not fix the issue for me. Back to the drawing board I suppose. Iā€™m kinda at my wits end with this one. Guess itā€™s time to cancel any blizzard subscriptions I have haha! Maybe an update will resolve it in a few months.

4 Likes

Paradoxity
did you solve the problem ?

After Winter Wonderland event update my battlenet bugged. I tried everything and I had to uninstalled battle.net. It was stuck on ā€œUpdating the Battle.net Update Agentā€ but with SadSenpai advice I could reinstalled it, sadly my major problem its still thereā€¦ I canā€™t update or reinstall all of my gamesā€¦

(sorry, Im not an english native speaker)

Hey there,

Try the following to replace the Blizzard Desktop Application and update agent:

1. Open file explorer/file manager (Right Click Windows Start)
  2. Navigate to the folder where the desktop application would normally be installed. Delete that folder if it exists (usually program files x86)
  3. Type the following into the address bar (not the search bar): %APPDATA% and press enter.
  4. Delete the Bnet and blizzard folders inside the appdata folder if they exist.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with %PROGRAMDATA% %LOCALAPPDATA% and %TEMP%
  6. Empty the recycle bin.
  7. Now reinstall the app to the C: Drive.
29 Likes

@Kershew
Just tried it but is still brought the message # BLZBNTBNA00000012

There is something wrong after the huge update within the past two days! We urgently do need a fix for that AND (I think all players would appreciate it) a small gift from your side reg. this ā€˜downtimeā€™!

So what should be the fix now?

I tried it but still doesnt work
Hereā€™s another convo about the same thing but different steps:

Zenlaka

372 posts

Customer Support

Jan '20

Hey Fleetwood,

In your situation, you may need to do a clean reinstall of the app:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
ā€¢ %LOCALAPPDATA%
ā€¢ %APPDATA%
ā€¢ %TEMP%
ā€¢ %PROGRAMDATA%
3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here . Make sure you run as Admin .

Hopefully it works for any of you but for me I still have no luck :frowning:

5 Likes

Here also 2 days the same problems. Now Iā€™ve uninstalled the game, but it will not re-install again.

I have tried everything.

1. Uninstalling - re-installing
  2. Deleting all folders by Kershews instructions.
  3. Resetting networks by SadSenpai
  4. Running as administrator

I first installed fine. Then when D2:R got stuck in 39%, I first scan and repaired ā†’ still stuck. Uninstalled and re-installed the battle.net launcher, no joy. Uninstalled and deleted all the D2:R files and directiories. Then when trying to install battle.net APP again. Canā€™t even install it.

ā€œWhoops! Looks like something broke.ā€ and a link (BLZBNTBTS000007D0) that leads to ā€œcanā€™t reach pageā€. How can one of the leading gaming corporations have such bad software XD.

Please reply if solutions are found.

3 Likes

I read that Microsoft bought Blizzard . The CEO has left. I donā€™t know but something is off! I canā€™t get past 'waiting for another update". i too tried everything and the scan and repair, install, uninstall etc. to no avail.

This works for me:

Good luck anyway.

1 Like

Itā€™s not work for me. I try everything in here and other solutions. Never change anything. Stuck on %25-30 process in re-install battle.net launcher.
(i use ā€œforced uninstallā€ because when i try normal way, i take BLZBNTBNU00000006 error code)

I do it!!!

All we need just use VPN. I canā€™t believe this. this is so simple. Download some windows vpn on your PC and open before install battle.net. Thatā€™s all!!!

I hope this solution working for everybody. Have a good days.

5 Likes