Stuck on Updating battle.net (resolved)

Recently I had a problem with WoW trying to update multiple programs at once, and not actually updating any of them. I tried pausing / resuming each one until eventually I read to uninstall and reinstall your battle.net client.

Since then, every time I boot up the setup i’m either stuck on Updating battle.net, or the download proceeds but sticks at 89% after which point it usually crashes out, advising that I reset my pc / check connection.

List of already attempted fixes;

Cleared appdata, localappdata, temp etc of all Blizzard/Battle.net files
Reset PC
Removed all Blizzard-related programs through manual cleaning + add or remove program
Running setup as Administrator
Attempted installing on an external hard drive

Would really appreciate the help.

Hey there Enigma,

Thanks for reaching out with those details! Since those solutions you’ve tried had no impact, it is possible that the underlying issue is isolated to the Windows installation. Try resetting the “WMI Repository” using the instructions on this page.

If that does not immediately fix the install/update issues, please submit a support ticket so that we can collect additional system diagnostics that we cannot collect here on the forums due to privacy concerns.

Thanks for the response.

The WMI repository as administrator reset comes back with the following error;

WMI repository reset failed
Error Code: 0x8007041B
Facility: Win32

Edit: After uninstalling an antivirus I haven’t used for 2+ years the WMI repository reset works. First reset didn’t do anything, second reset worked fine. Issue resolved, thanks again.

1 Like

This did not work for me :frowning:

1 Like