Stuck on Checking Versions

I cannot enter battlenet to play D2:LoD. It gets stuck at Checking Versions for a little bit then it says it was unabel to connect. Posts seem to suggest my account was banned but I can’t think of why? Is someone from Blizzard able to look into this?

restricted… not banned… it’s more of a temporary suspension… :frowning:

There is some troubleshooting that you can try while waiting…

That’s a good question… if not, you’ll need to put in a ticket and ask… here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/354/ticket

Good luck with this.

Thanks for your response, Boubou. I had actually opened a ticket and I thought maybe they would have been able to tell me in my ticket responses if I was restricted, but they gave me two links in the ticket response - one to a page that did not exist(go figure) and the second where they said I would need to reach out to the tech forum which had led me here. I’m kinda stuck at this point, I thought maybe someone from Blizzard would reply to let me know for sure.

Yes – I was afraid that this would be the case.

The current Game Masters in Customer Support have changed, it seems… the “old” crew would never send you back to the forums. The current crew appears to be inexperienced and untrained… whenever they get a new situation, instead of researching it, they simply send you back to the forums. As if players on the forums are supposed to know :slight_smile:

We used to have Forum Support Agents that came by whenever they had the time and they did provide that type of info – that was before Microsoft bought Blizzard. But there are none left now… reassigned perhaps, or worse.

There is a Blizzard staff that comes around… whenever he has time, I suppose. The last time was this morning around 10:30 AM EDT. Marked one of my post as a solution, locked the topic and unlisted it from the list of topics.

I suppose you could reply to the ticket (or create a new one if it’s already closed) and ask again… but I don’t know whether that would get you an answer.

Sad times ahead :frowning:

That’s Kalv. They arent TS, but rather is a CS SFA who drops by to moderate now and then.

Usually, it’s just to lock and unlist threads that belong in other game forums.

OK – do you have suggestions for @PitchNinja ?

How is one supposed to check whether one’s D2 Classic account is restricted… and when the restriction will be lifted ? or perhaps that is no longer an option with the new crew.

It’s possible that it’s not availalble anymore.

For PitchNinja, it’s definitely worth reopening the previous ticket and explaining that the previous reply did not help.

Just be sure to clearly state that you want to know if you have a temporary restriction on your Diablo 2 account, and when does it expire.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s related to training; the troubleshooting policies and methods changed and they’re upholding the new ones.