Stop asking me to reconsider appearing offline

Stop asking. There was a massive revolt about this kind of crap a long time ago but I guess all of the new employees in the company have no idea about it. STOP ASKING US TO SHOW AS ONLINE OR MAKE A “NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER REMIND ME AGAIN” FEATURE WHEN I SAY “NO”!

JFC

7 Likes

I got a prompt for this the other day and it surprised me because I fairly regularly swap between show online/offline depending on what time of day I am playing.

It only prompted me once and I haven’t seen it since.

Yeah it’s super annoying. Blizzard keeps trying to fix stuff that isn’t broken. Must have too many employees - cut the bloat, and focus on the games, Blizz!

This. A thousand times this.

Still an issue. Still an option I would prefer. Stop asking me now every 14 days if I want to remain offline or not. I want to remain offline forever until I choose not to. Not when I give in to your pop-ups begging me to go back online. They won’t wear me down, I won’t give in. Just, stop asking.

Just asked today to remain offline. Yes, yes I would. Or else I would manually choose to go online.

Another 15 days, another pester pop-up. No, I do not want to go online until I decide to do so on my own without the reminders.

Note: I don’t work at Blizzard.

In some of the game titles, the Bnet client cannot be in offline mode to perform some of the functions. Such is the case for Diablo 3: If you want to join a group, no one can invite you while your client is in offline mode. Bnet is supporting games that are no longer in development and will never receive adjustments for cases like the D3 one. Because of this, I highly doubt they will discontinue the reminder. Also, it’s one pop-up every 2 weeks and can hardly be classified as intrusive at that rate.

That’s unfortunate. After another couple of reminders, for me it is an annoyance I’d rather never see again. While I can understand some game specific reasons for requiring online (don’t even get me started with requiring D2 periodic online logins to even play offline) being constantly pestered about my preferences is annoying regardless.