Starcraft 2 not optimized for new m1 Mac

Hello Blizzard,

I had come the realize World of Warcraft runs perfectly well with the new M1 Mac, but Starcraft 2 does not run well at all. The sound is very choppy and stutters it gets around 25 fps on medium settings and than to put it on lowest settings it barely reaches 60. The M1 Mac is able to run world of warcraft great but unable to do so on Starcraft 2. Please if possible I would like to request this game to be Optimized with the new M1 Mac as it has 8 CPU cores at 3.2 ghz, and 8 GPU at a total of 2.7 teraflops which should be sufficient to run and play Starcraft 2 smoothly.
It would greatly be appreciated.

3 Likes

Does it run better now? Or does it still play as bad as what i see? I want to buy the macbook air/pro but i am afraid that it won’t run poopycraft 2 either.

As long as Starcraft 2 doesn’t run good on an MacBook, i will keep my Asus Zephyrus G14 as that can play starcraft 2 on extreme easily.

going on 2 years since M1s. Still not playable on my Mac.

Most of the time, when your cat bites your feet, it’s because their hunting instinct is taking over. Cats often gently bite or nibble their owners’ legs or feet as a sign of affection.

It runs fine via Rosetta 2. The problem is that it would run SO much better if it was native. I sincerely recommend people be playing this on Apple Silicon Macs with more than the base configuration of non-Pro/non-Max/non-Ultra M1 (i.e. more than 7 GPU Cores and more than 8GB of RAM). It will run okay on that base M1 (which I’ve tested on both iMac and MacBook Air configurations with that version of the M1), but it’s not great. It’s better with the full 8 GPU cores and more than 8GB of RAM.

But to the original point, a native version of StarCraft II (let alone every other current Blizzard Mac app) would be great and it’s irritating that Blizzard made such a big deal about day one support for WoW and then completely gave up with the other ports.