[Solved!] — "Connecting to Fastest Server" in D2:LOD

I re-downloaded and installed D2: LOD a few days ago, but I haven’t been able to play online yet because I get stuck at “connecting to fastest server” on all realms (I would like to play on U.S. East).

I’ve tried every solution I could find on the Blizzard websites (cleaning host files, deleting caches, disabling firewalls, etc.). I’ve also contacted Blizzard support, who indicated that I do not have any kind of ban on my account.

I wonder if there is a simple solution to this that I’m missing? Maybe some of you have had this problem, too. Please, don’t make me have to contact my ISP!

Thanks!

EDIT:
Here’s a running list of solutions I’ve tried. It might give some of you ideas in case you are having your own connection issues!

• Disabling Windows Firewall/Security programs

• Forwarding Ports (6112 TCP, 4000 TCP out, 4000 TCP out and in)

• Resetting router, release and renew IP, flushing DNS

• Running game in administrator mode

• Checking for problematic modifications to the hosts files

• Contacting Blizzard Support to make sure there was no ban on my account

• Updated drivers/OS for compatibility

• Double-checking I’m not using VPN/Proxy

• Re-downloading client and re-installing

The crazy thing is there is another person on my home network that can access D2:LOD on Battle.net! Maybe that’s the issue — that there is another person on the same network accessing bnet?

If I try anything else, I’ll add it to the list for reference! Good luck!

EDIT 2:

SOLUTION FOR ME:

The problem had to do with my Battle.net gateways in my registry files. There are many threads discussing it on this and other forums that you can easily find. Simply search for “reset gateways diablo 2 lod” on Google and you will find many videos and forum threads with various solutions. You may need to do a bit of research yourself to find the right settings, but it might fix your problem.

Bottom line: you need to make sure your battle.net gateways are properly set in these files, or else there will be issues like mine.

See you in Tristram, boys!

I have problems getting to the USWest realm. I am able to log into the other three (USEast, Europe, Asia) with no problem.

USWest has an ongoing problem, so it’s nothing on your end.

1 Like

This is not the USWest connection issue other people are having, unfortunately. In this case, I cannot connect to any server. I added some things I’ve tried to the first post.

Oh, sorry for the confusion! I was replying to jerryab right below you. :blush:

Found a solution that worked for me, which I put in the top post. Hope this helps someone out there!

Leviathan, i see you have recent activity, could you see if there is a restriction on my account? Trying to log in and haven’t been able to for about 3 days now, really would like to get back on the grind! Thanks in advance, Cheers!

Hey BluePrintZ,

I can’t. Only a Bliz support agent can.

There are a number of behaviors that cause temporary play restrictions, a list of which can be found here . Restrictions come in different forms and lengths depending on what causes them. If you want to check to see if you are restricted, you can submit a support ticket to inquire. You can use this support ticket.

There are several required fields in order to submit: (assuming Windows) Traceroute upload, DXDIAG upload, MSINFO upload and a Description.

The three file uploads aren’t needed for this kind of inquiry. So, you can

1. manually create three text files,
  2. name them with their respective names,
  3. put something inside them (anything will do, they just can’t be blank inside),
  4. upload

Then type your question in the “Description” field and submit it. Make sure you reach the confirmation screen.

1 Like