Softban Length/Cause

Hi I’m getting the issue of stuck at checking versions.

It looks like the same issue a bunch of people are having with softbans. Can you tell me how long mine is and what caused this softban?

If a restriction lasts longer than a few hours, it usually means it’s a 14 day restriction. I glanced at your IP address and can confirm that in this case.

The causes for these kinds of restrictions can be found here. I’d recommend avoiding all of the causes in order to avoid these kinds of temporary restrictions in the future.

Jurannok, I cannot understand why Blizzard enacts a policy of banning players who aren’t breaking any rules. I’ve received two 3 hour bans in the last two days for doing nothing other than playing the game normally. I understand why the measures are in place: To prevent botting. What I cannot understand is your methods, I would argue that you bot prevention plan is clearly and absolutely causing more problems than it is solving. Ban players who are just playing the game to prevent botting? Makes absolutely no sense. Your policy should be one that never bans players for playing the game according to the rules. I repeat: your plan should never ban players for PLAYING THE GAME. Yet you do. It’s like you are okay with civilian casualties in warfare.

How can you possibly justify banning these players? It’s obviously happening often. Please don’t tell me “Just avoid these behaviors we’ve listed at some other web page that leads to bans”. How about you just let me play the damn game damnit?

I’m expecting you to say something like “This conversation is no longer productive” or “I don’t like where this is going”, and you’re going to completely avoid answering my question: How can you possibly justify banning players who are playing the game by the rules? who bought your game? (Do not link a “things to avoid to not get banned” list, the very fact that such a list even exists shows how a55-backwards blizzards D2-bot-policy is.)

4 Likes

So I just tried to log in today as well and got a “You were disconnected from the battle.net servers. Please reconnect.” This keeps happening over and over again. I took a look at the list of things I can get banned for and I definitely was shopping a vendor looking for better mods on armor. I had no idea you could get banned for that… I assume that’s why I can’t connect now as well?

Please tell me what caused my temp ban… Because honestly i did nothing on that bs list you have.

1 Like

I’ve been “Soft Banned” for the last 3 days now for doing nothing but playing the game after the new lad reset when nostalgia hit with the D4 trailer. I have not used ANYTHING at all that would cause me to be banned. No bots, no loaders, no NOTHING! Literally followed a group to get to NM with my sorc, then started another sorc. Got through about 5 trist runs, then I get logged out only to try to log back in to get the Checking versions screen followed by “Battlenet is not responding. please try again in a few minutes” And its been like that since it started. As a loyal customer since Diablo 1, this is definitely the worst experience I have had as a gamer in general. I hope there won’t be any BS with the release of D4 with connection issues like this, much less the half a$$ responses it brings. Forgive my language but its true, ban the bots not the people actually playing the game how its supposed to be played. END RANT

“It’s profitable” - Blizzard

2 Likes

Good job blizzard and I’m for real make thos kids play the right way

Well, I accidentally tried to log in using my VPN and that probably triggered the two week ban for me. From what I’ve seen on other forums is that the two week ban occurs from doing anything that is on this list:

multiple times after receiving the initial 15-20 temp ban.

That aside. A two week ban is extremely lengthy for such a simple mistake. It seems really unfair, punishment clearly doesn’t fit the crime. Also punishing to legit players because its easy to make any mistake on that list and not be aware that it causes a two week ban. Also bot coders clearly aware of work arounds as battle.net is flooded full of bots.

Why its even in the list of reasons for temp ban?
Switching between accounts or characters too quickly

Due to playing alone and wanting to transfer items from one character to another i have lost tons of items already because of this restriction. Maybe add explanation about this? - “If character switch happens more than 3 times in 3 minutes temp ban will be enforced on account or ip or whatever” how hard is this?

Man I feel your pain. I bought the LOD expansion and didn’t even know they had a ban on VPNS instantly got banned because I kept reconnecting and didn’t know why it wasn’t working. Started to research horror stories online. A 2 week ban is a bit harsh if you ask me

anyone know if there is a way to check the status of a ban?

Try submitting a ticket to useless customer support. They let you know if you been banned, and how long I suppose. And they will let you know there is nothing they can do about it.

Ive tried to submit a ticket and it just dosnt go through for me. Ive tried @ing a few customer support profiles in these forum threads. hopefully they answer and I can see how long I have to wait for the ban to lift. you better believe im making sure my vpn is off next time I try to log on lol

Im banned until the 15th for trying to log on at the hotels wifi I was staying at debating on even starting back after this nonsense.

3 Likes

does logging in reset the timer of the ban? or is it a fixed timer and when the time is done it will be lifted?

i logged in with vpn on by accident didnt know that you guys ban ppl for things that arent stated in the EULA im sure this is considered false advertisement and for those who sell items and get banned from making income due to your issues im sure they can actually sue your company if they give a flying *&$% if i keep logging back in once im banned for 14 days will it keep resetting it? or is the timer fixed?

1 Like

Can’t wait for the instant unban micro-transaction!