Slow download speeds

Why are the downloads for updates and installs constantly so slow. I got a new upgraded PC and when I download Warzone again it maxs out at ~4MB/s. Yet when I do speed tests or download from other sources I average 45-50MB/s. I’ll be sticking to steam in the future if this doesn’t get any better.

Hey Bluntsworth,

I gave downloading Warzone a try just now and it hit my maximum speed pretty much immediately:

That works out to ~500Mb/s which is my download speed.

Do you have downloads set to unlimited in the launcher’s settings?

Your download and upload speed from an internet speed test website such as.

|www-speedtest-net| (The - character is replacing periods in the link to the website due to restriction of sending links in a thread)

After your results are obtained from the internet speed test they will be read in Megabits (Mbps) not Megabytes (MB/s) which comes out to be

1 Megabit/sec = 0.125 Megabyte/sec

~OR~

1 Megabyte = 8 Megabits

However, the Battlenet client displays your download speed in Megabytes (MB/s), as shown in the picture above, provided by Leviathan. So, if you mistakenly read your download speed wrong, instead of it being 45-50 MB/s and is 45-50 Mbps instead. This would result in your download speed displayed on the Battlenet client to be 4-6 MB/s.

I hope the information I have provided helps you out, as I’m not saying that you have mistakenly read an internet speed test at all. I just know that the way it is read from a speed test is deceiving compared to a client or application displaying your download speed.

~In Regards to Help You~