Slow download speed on battle.net on laptop

SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED ON BATTLE NET EVEN THOUGH MY DOWNLOAD SPEED IS 100mbps/s. almost 6hrs downloading still not yet finish updating WARZONE

2 Likes

thats battle.net for you. i have 1GB/sec for internet but it takes forever for updates on this app. i will be buying everything on steam for now on so i can play after work and not have to wait till the next day to finally enjoy my game… this app is terrible

its actually stuck at zero KB download

it somietimes loads for 300 400kb then dies shortly after

not to mention the inability to properly limit / throttle download speed
even if the limit is put it - its ignored completely

id ask for a possible fix
but whaddaya know
developers incompetence may be easily explained by blackrocks desire to force behaviour huh :kissing: :+1:

1 Like

The may be a solution… at least for wow, unsure about BZ…if you don’t mind using the beta bnet launcher (I had for over 6 months without issue.)

I was running the beta version of bnet and never had this issue. I had recently uninstalled bnet on my pc and reinstalled and began encountering this issue. (No, there wasn’t a limit on the download speed. I tired with both the box unchecked, then set to 150,000 kb, same results, either way)

It took me a bit to remember I was running the beta version previously, and the new install was the base version.

After updating to the beta version (an option in the bnet settings), the problem disappeared.

Note, the download on the beta will also drop, briefly after the initial pulse… but unlike the live app, it WILL recover… eventually giving me 60+mb/s both times i tried it by installing/deleting Wrath whose download was also broken on the base app (after the beta app had already fixed the DF download issue).

Unsure what the specific differences are between the apps regarding the related code, but tech support needs to look into it and correct the issue with the current production app.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.