Shortcuts do not actually start the games

I don’t know if this is identical behaviour to the current stable version since I never really considered using it, but in the beta version the Desktop shortcuts created by the app (coghweel next to play button -> create desktop shortcut) don’t actually start the game, they just launch the launcher and open the game’s tab.

Suggestion:
The shortcuts should start the launcher (if not running), log-in automatically (if configured to do so) and then start the game using the same login details. Much like what happens with shortcuts to games made by eg. Steam.

There should be option to automatically minimize the launcher after launching the game, too.

14 Likes

The stable version is for sure the same way. The shortcuts are useless to me. +1

2 Likes

This function is completely worthless if it doesn’t execute the game itself.

1 Like

In the ol’ days, the shortcuts did actually launch the games directly. Now a days however, it seems they’re more obsolete remnants left over from those times.

I’d like to bump this thread. Make it so that the link launches the game and not the library application.

2 Likes

D:\World of Warcraft_retail_

would contain the right wow.exe, once launched in admin mode, you hit your windows key and pin that program to your task bar, you will have too physically log on, but there you go

but any program anywhere else uses shortcuts why break something so easy

Nearly four years later this is still a problem.

How is Battle.net so half-finished? Has anyone found a way to fix this?