Separate Winwdows

Howdy!

Please consider moving more of the design adjustments to the players hands. What I mean by this is give people the option to keep the social chats, channels and friends list within the Blizzard app (Like it currently is) or the option to seperate ones they want. Blizzard games are all about choice and the Blizzard app should be the same, choice to whatever fits me as the player.

• Possible bug or issue I don’t like: The Mic volume in the app is directly tied to the Windows mic volume. Meaning adjusting it in the app impacts the mic volume for everything else.

Thank you!

11 Likes

Agreed, seperate window for friends list would be great. The current main window in the beta just has too much activity going on because of the large news articles with videos.

1 Like

Thirded. I actually don’t play as much as I used to, so all I do is chat with friends.

So usually, I open Battle, open up my friends window, and minimize the main Battle window 'cause I don’t need it. I am actually going to switch Beta off because I much prefer the current setup.

3 Likes

This really needs to be done. Won’t be using the beta any more myself since it can’t be decoupled from the main window. I am way too used to being able to use the friends window on my second screen, and the beta one is just too bulky to use.

2 Likes

It’s funny cause the chats and groups are decoupled, but not the friend list…uhh.

2 Likes

I second this. Just tried the Beta Launcher and was confused why there is no way to undock the friendlist. Normally I keep the friendlist open, as the launcher itself has to much clutter, especially with these annoying autoplay-videos.

1 Like

so much this. please keep the separate friends list as an option. also, personally i really couldn’t care less about the whole extended “chats and groups” functionality, but maybe that’s just me. i like it as minimal as possible and would love to keep having that option.

everybody always tries to reinvent the chat, i really don’t get it. steam did the same and i hated that too. for people like me with multiple monitors it’s nice to be able to keep just a compact friends list in a corner of one screen; i don’t want to have the whole app open all the time.

1 Like