Schannel ErrorTLS connection (Oct 2023)

This is happening to me too. it’s crashing my game at random. I’m currently trying a reinstall. The event log effort though is the same one.

I want a refund or fix this issue… I keep getting disconnected from the servers due this error… and I know for a fact i am not the only one dealing with this issue. ALL that seems to happen when i submit a ticket for this issue is, Blizzard support keeps giving me the same run around crap. I have done every thing that told me to do 3 time before they had me do it 2 more times… I want a refund if this doesnt get fixed. this issue is nerve wrecking when you are in a heroic raid or you are trying to do +17 or higher… I feel like i and a bunch of other are getting ripped off out of gear and IO rate due to this issue…

This has started happening to me today!

3 crashes back to back while healing a key. I had to give up and leave my guildies to 4-man the key…

I reinstalled windows thinking it was some Janky windows update that installed this morning, nope, I check the eventlog and there is DOZENS of

“The certificate received from the remote server has either expired or is not yet valid. The TLS connection request has failed. The attached data contains the server certificate.
The SSPI client process is Battle.net (PID: 10792).”

Error messages in the log, which line up with the critical error reboot.

Is there a fix in sight for this? What the hell am I meant to do if there isn’t? I have 2 days of raiding with two raiding guilds and keys in between.

Hello fellows.

I got a solution, i uninstalled completely battle.net app, deleting cache folders, everything related to battle.net i deleted it (including registry keys), then i restart my PC and reinstalled the Battle.net App, and voila!!! no more Schannels errors.

i hope this works for everybody that has the same error.

my regards.

PD: Blizzard You are obliged to give us some kind of compensation for these kinds of problems that you do not solve.

I have the issue on a Fresh install of windows, with a Fresh install of the battlenet app.

I even tried that “fix” and it still does it, I even swapped to the Beta version of the launcher, and it STILL does it.

Maybe related: We get Schannel Errors (36871, status 10013) logged and the Client can’t setup a connection to the login servers. The battle.net Logo is shown instead of login options and followed by a BLZBNTBNA00000A8D.

Tried different PCs, uninstalled ESET Protection, reverted Firewall and IP Stack settings, tried other Internet Access. Routes seem to be free (tracert, ping, pathping), but in certain browsers (e.g. Firefox) we can’t even reach any battle.net website due to SSL/TSL Errors - It tells me the certificate is wrong (for other services, not related to battle.net on that part of amazonaws) or missing at all.

maybe related too: Nvidia Gforce Experience shows a similar behavoir: logged out and when I try to login, the login Screen cant be loaded and stays blank…

Still can’t play, same freeze and crash behavoir, even with the launcher closed. Ran fine until agent.exe auto restarted and pinged the server.

Where do I apply for a refund till this is fixed Blizzard? You’re cutting me from heroic prog, and mythic+ teams.

For my problems:
The solution was to clear the AD DC’s DNS Cache and to switch from local ISPs DNS to Cloudfare and Google for global lookup. Seems that Amazonaws changed a lot of IPs and clients renewed their certificates recently…
So maybe for others: try different DNS Servers and if you run your own, clear that servers cache:)

Schannel Errors are gone as well.

Great job, schannel errors completely gone for a long time here as well. Cache clear, restart, relaunch fixed it quite well =)

EDIT: For those still with errors/crashes, try the blizzard cache clear directions, and if unsure how to clear DNS, run cmd.exe as administrator, type ipconfig /flushdns, then ipconfig /registerdns, that will clear and reregister your DNS cache (also could ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew, ipconfig /release6, ipconfig /renew6 if you want to completely refresh your connection[s]), and if unsure how to switch DNS, you could 1. go to http://1.1.1.1 and download the WARP app if you’d like Cloudflare’s, that also gives you the option of Total Encrypted IP Traffic and/or Encrypted DNS traffic, or 2. you can manually change the DNS IPs in your adapter’s TCP/IPv4 [and possibly IPv6 properties] under ‘Use the following DNS server addresses:’ through Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings, Right-click Properties. You can see Every IPv4/IPv6 DNS IP, also beyond Google and Cloudflare, at: https://www.lifewire.com/free-and-public-dns-servers-2626062
Hope your issues are fixed!

%programdata% usually should point to C:\ProgramData or (DriveLetter):\ProgramData, however it IS a hidden folder, so you will need to ‘Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives’ under Folder Options (or simply Options), which is usually located using the … (three dots) at the top on the menu bar, at least on Windows 11. Windows 10, or older versions, I believe, have nearly the same approach; once in Options, click on the View tab and scroll down to Hidden Files and Folders, then click the mentioned selection option. That will reveal the %ProgramData% or (DriveLetter):\ProgramData folder, which contains Blizzard Entertainment, the folder you want to remove. Make sure NOT to remove Battle.net, that is the Installation Configuration folder. Blizzard Entertainment is the Cache folder, the one you want to reset
[Folder or File Explorer Options can also be located in Control Panel]

My event viewer is being spammed with this upon launching the bnet app. It doesnt happen every 5 minutes, but more like 20-30 times per minute. Is someone listening to my connection perhaps? Why is the cert expired or invalid? Blizzcon is not worldofwarcraft or bnet website name anyway right?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.