Return an item, can't reach live chat

Still trying to access the live chat since it says I need to talk to them before returning an item. Longer it sits here while I try to contact them, the more chance my cats scratch at this print

if you get a hold of them (what I did after about 4-5 days of constantly checking) you’ll not get anything useful. They’ve even kicked me out of their chat after ignoring me for about 20 minutes.

The Gear Store is handled by a company called Fanatics. Blizzard does not directly sell or support merchandise sales anymore. The Blizz CS folks who handle games/digital game purchase can’t help with physical merch purchases.

The Help Page for the Fanatics Blizz Gear Shop is here

MissCheetah: If you go through the Help Section of Blizzard Gear, you’ll see it goes in circles. I hate to bash on you, as I know you are just doing your job, but I would recommend Blizzard Support Staff take the time to ensure their suggestions actually can work. So, while I understand the statement that it is handled by someone else, I wouldn’t go so far as to wipe Blizzard’s hands clean from the responsibility (as you do advertise the products on your site).

Spiritflame: Go to the actual fanatics webpage, and use their chat. I don’t know why the Blizzard Gear store is broken, but they can look up your account on the main site.

Interesting. I wonder if that is browser specific or not. It should have taken you to the Fanatics pages.

Thank you for posting what worked for you. Excellent advice.

MVPs are just other players who have green text. Normally they are players who tend to be pretty good with the Knowledge base, Support links, explaining policies, etc. Some help players with Tech issues and others tend to enjoy helping with various individual games. We don’t work for Blizzard at all and don’t get anything for it. We are just forum regulars who stuck around so long helping others we got moldy :slight_smile:

I didn’t realize you were not employed by Blizzard. For assuming you were, I apologize.

As for my original statement, the problem Spiritflame is experiencing is still a circle. For one, I just tried my computer, my GFs, and had 3 of my staff members at work check their computers. In all of those cases, the “Chat” Button on the Blizzard Gear Help Section doesn’t work.

Like Spiritflame, I had to return an item that Fanatics won’t allow me to return without speaking to them (which, considering they sent me an incorrect item, kind of sucks). When we try to use “Help” to return the item, it literally blocks our ability to check these items, insisting (via the links in Help) we have to use their Chat, call them, or use Snail Mail (that is right; no email option).

I posted another item in this subforum (under the title “Gear Store Cancelled…”. I understand you are not an employee of Blizzard, and all you are is someone donating your time to help others out. However, I absolutely empathize with the people on this forum that feel Blizzard is turning a blind eye to real issues. While Blizzard isn’t “in charge” of the Blizzard Gear site, they are advertising their products, providing links, and benefiting from them.

Finally, since you said there was a Browser issue, could you confirm for me that you were able to go to the Help Section, click on the upper-right corner “Chat” link, and get it to bring up? As mentioned above, I had everyone I mentioned try this. In all cases, they could not reach it. However, in the three cases I could control, those computers could access the Chat on Fanatics. I think, everyone reading this, can agree that it is unacceptable, and poor customer service, to force a difficult (and potentially impossible) step on patrons when returning items.

I did not say there was. I asked IF it might be. It was a question. Your testing tells me it is not browser specific so you actually answered it.

It sounds from your testing like the link on the Blizz version of the Shop page does not properly link to the Fanatics help chat. Short of this forum, I honestly don’t know of a way to provide that feedback to Blizz. Hopefully they read this.

I’m sorry. I thought, by your statement, that you had confirmed that link took you to the Fanatics pages.

I hope that Blizzard does read this. I got into contact with Fanatics, and they couldn’t get a Return Label for me (the apologetic CS Rep on the phone apologized, and said I’d get an email in the next 72 hours). When I used their chat yesterday (72 hours), I was informed that “no one had taken up my case yet” and that I should “wait a few more days, and just see if it shows up in my Inbox”.