Request: PvP history API (World of Warcraft)

I would like to request the addition of a PVP history endpoint (specifically arena, but bg’s would be cool as well). The endpoint would be similar to how raider .io tracks mythic dungeon completion.

The endpoint would return an ordered history of arena matches. Each match would would include the name, class, spec, cr, mmr, cr gained/lost, mmr gained/lost, etc. of each player in the match. It would be very similar to the final screen in an arena match that displays statistics of the match.

I think it would be very cool if people were able to track statistics about their character and compare them to some of the top PvPers in the game. If this API endpoint was available, you would also be able to see how often a comp is represented. For example, I played shaman/warrior in 2s during bc and because you could query team members back then, I was able to see that my comp was under-represented (2% if i remember correctly) which was a super cool thing to know. There are other cool things you could do with this data such as displaying win rate of one comp against another, % win rate for a specific character when playing one comp vs another comp, average damage per game, etc.

It would also be nice if the endpoint (or an additional one) would return a characters highest rating achieved in 2v2, 3v3, and rbg’s for a given season

What do you guys think? Is this a good idea?

2 Likes

I like general idea. I’m not sure if being able to query the whole history would be even a viable option for Blizzard, but if we could have this information on a weekly basis that would be great. Better yet if we could have also the M+ history.

Yea I like the weekly idea better actually. Then it would be on the 3rd party to store and record the information into their database