Repeatedly closing threads helps customers?

"posting and ticketing in repeatedly over this isn’t going to change the end result. "

I gotta flip that.

Do you think repeatedly closing my threads so I can’t respond while still continuing to have the same grief and the same problem; is helpful in any way or is going to change the end result of me being pissed off at your company for what clearly seems to be shutting me down as a problem… for talking about the fact theres a HUGE problem here thats causing me grief and the inability to log in for 2 months?

Lets be clear: your help ticket staff has directly told me to talk about this EXACT subject HERE, yet you are closing my threads despite me following staffs directions? Wild.

Why are your staff repeatedly treating this legitimate subject; as a subject thats too taboo to talk about?

You changed things, not me.

These are your rules not mine, this is like having a bad wife where they say “well you should know what you did” and if you didn’t do anything “well its fine if we punish you even if you didn’t do anything cuz TOS says we can punish for whatever reason we want”

So give me the reason instead of playing this “you know what you did” game with me, or repeatedly shutting down my posts asking for CLARITY FROM YOUR COMPANY that you don’t want to give cuz screw legitimate players who are having a problem, your too big to fail so who cares if people give up on your company?

Like your being so vague “could be release/renew/flushdns, could be your cdkey is banned (go buy a new one and try lololol) could be we just screwed up and your innocent but it doesnt matter its up to you to figure it out haha” <-- and I’m supposed to just “understand” that “thats your policy” and not be upset when your treating me like this AND THAN CLOSING MY THREADS AS IF YOUVE ADDRESSED MY CLEARLY NOT ADDRESSED ISSUE?!?

Holy hell. Make up your own damn mind. Ticket staff told me to post here and now your saying I shouldn’t be posting here to talk about it? Why is your companies policy to repeatedly punish players for following your directions?

Yes, staff will often refer issues that cannot be solved to be reported on the forums. This is in hopes to gather more information, and maybe even find a solution to the problem. In this case there unfortunately is not a fix to it so what information we can provide has been provided.

It’s not taboo or anything. There simply isn’t anything that can be done to remove the temp ban. If you’re repeatedly getting hit by it then the most likely cause is due to how your ISP is reporting the connection you are using. As others have mentioned, non-residential IPs can trigger this ban. The ban is placed by the system. It’s an automated system and support has zero control over it.

All we see is that there’s a ban, or there isn’t one. The system does not give a reason why. If we don’t know the reason why then we can’t really tell you the reason it happened.

If we could have helped with this I assure you we would have already done so. We’re not here to make peoples lives miserable or more complicated. We’re here to help fix what we can. If we can’t fix it then we report the issue and hope it can be fixed by the team in charge of said systems.

You can post, but we’ve already explained the situation for you. What you’re doing at this point is bringing this back up insisting on something that can’t be done to be done.

Again, we cannot remove the ban on the account and we don’t know the exact reason it’s happening. Several scenarios have been explained to you already. I still recommend going back and reading the post Ironthorne left as it has an explanation.

Edit: Lastly, if I may know so we are clear, what is it that you’re looking to have done?

“Lastly, if I may know so we are clear, what is it that you’re looking to have done?”

I directly asked what I could do about this or how I could talk to someone higher up or a manager or someone with the power to do something cuz you have all been clear “we cant do anything” and the response was: post here on the forums.

I think being told that “as a paying customer” I am “100% on my own” is just bluntly unacceptable.

I think its farther unacceptable to repeatedly be shutting down legitimate debate, even if you think “you’ve addressed it” it hasn’t removed the issue.

Cause and effect, the effect is still active cuz the cause has not been address regardless of your opinion that telling me theres nothing you can do magically removes the cause or the effect when it removes nether.

I can totally understand “not being able to remove a temp ban and needing to wait out the 2 weeks” however what I can not understand is “you will get banned again in 2 weeks when you attempt to log in and it might be our fault and it might be a mistake but it doesn’t matter cuz TOS says we can punish for whatever reason we want even if thats a non-reason and your innocent” <-- I have a HUGE problem with that.

I don’t have a problem with a company telling me “wait 2 weeks cuz we can’t remove the ip ban” <-- so repeatedly telling me this is a strawman argument, I have accepted and understand this fact.

What I DO have a problem with is a company telling me “heres a list of reasons we might ban you again in 2 weeks with zero insight into what is going on to the point where we’ve now banned you repeatedly for over 2 months”

Can I get a confirm my cdkey hasn’t been banned from you guys at this point for “arguing with staff on forums and help tickets” or “triggering too many temp bans” or “too many log ins from banned ip” like I have no idea even if my cd key is valid anymore after how many times you’ve punished me in the past 2 months and I sure as hell am not going to buy another key just to insta ban it again if thats not the problem, yet that seems to be what your company expects, that I pay to trouble shoot this and organize an attempt every 2 weeks for the rest of my life or till sept happens?

Its silly to expect a customer to repeatedly make attemps every 2 weeks and than attack them as “not listening” when they have tried every suggestion… so when you say

"We’re not here to make peoples lives miserable or more complicated. "

Thats all I’ve felt from the majority of staff here and from ticket help tbh, it seems to be perfectly okay to try and convince me that I’ve done something wrong or that I deserve this instead of helping me or trying to talk about it, so thanks for actually responding to me instead of closing this thread and trying to insinuate i deserve this or that its better I get punished even if I’m innocent cuz these are all wildly rude concepts to have repeatedly thrown at you, even if you have TOS that says you can punish for whatever reason, to use it like a iron hammer to smash customers with is honestly extremely disheartening to watch happen.

I guess to more directly address your question; I’d rather see a thread on this subject reach hundreds of posts and bring awareness to this up instead of shutdown and swept under the rug. I’d like someone higher up to notice theres a huge problem that is going to be effecting d2re happening right now when returning players can’t even get into onto the game and staff are treating players like bad guys for trying to get a solution.

I am conflicted about [Ironthorne] (am I allowed to say his name without closing THIS thread too due to you saying his name?) cuz on the one hand; your right; he did offer a very legitimate suggestion in trying to use my phone in two weeks and I will most likely try that… however… closing the entire thread cuz staff names are there, the staff who have told me to post this subject and their words on forum here… is just bluntly out of line… at no point did any ticket help staff tell me that they where uncomfortable with me copying their names to forum or that it would be a problem, in fact, staff should be standing behind their words instead of pretending like everything said to me was from one person, its better to see who said what… and I’m confused why that was a problem enough to shutdown my thread cuz again staff should be standing behind their words, it shouldn’t be verse any rules to quote what a staff member has said on forums.

And if it was such a problem he could’ve just edited them out and commented on that to make me aware instead of editing them out and shutting down the entire thread.

Let me give you another response to the same question; I’d like this thread to stay active for as long as my problem is active; that way people can follow the responses I’m being given, what I’m being told and see the situation for themselves to make their own judgement on the situation… but your company knows how bad this looks so thats why they are trying to shut me down.

Ok. So some miscommunication kind of. In regards to speaking to someone higher yes they could/should have done it upon request. I will say though a manager won’t be able to do anything about it either though because it’s the system that puts these bans on the account. Not us here in support.

In general for these temp bans the cause is due to the IP that is being detected. If you’re using your regular home internet connection all the time then, in theory, you should never run into this problem. If you are then it’s likely a false positive. We have seen this before in the past few years and every time we run into this we report the issue to the teams in-charge of this automated system. This is why support will say “we can’t do anything”. It’s true. We can’t. It can be reported, which I will, but we can’t directly do anything to remove the ban or fix the system

Though I’m a fan of debate I also think repeating the same thing over again won’t get us anywhere. This is why I referred you to the previous post and closed the other thread. This isn’t really a debate at this point, just an explanation that we can’t really do much at all to help with this situation.

I can agree that the effect is there. But, we still can’t do anything to change it.

The ToS stuff may have been taken out of context or thrown in in-case of any legalities. Technically, yes we can do whatever we want as permitted in the language of the legally binding terms which a user accepts. This is why you generally have to accept the ToS before it let’s you do anything else.

Now for the ban part it’s not that a person is banning you. Again, it’s an automated system. If there was any confusion due to this I do apologize, but I do want to make it clear that it is a automated system that does these bans. It’s like a closed box and all the box gives us is a yes or no reply when we check to see if an account has an issue. We can’t look into the box, nor can we change it. And by “we” I refer to support.

The IP bans shouldn’t affect the CD key. The only time we’ve seen that be the case if it was confirmed that the CD-key was one used by hackers or bots. That is an entirely different team that does those cd-key checks though, and again (though I do get tired saying it) when we check if it’s banned all we see is a yes or no.

Nonetheless I did ask to get this checked and the CD-Keys are fine. It’s definitely a temp ban.

I can agree with you, and that’s why I want to make sure we get this cleared up as much as we can. Usually when we see this it’s just someone using a vpn without knowing and they get hit with it. Ok. 2 Weeks go by and they can get in, never hear from it again. Your case is obviously different and I’m more inclined to think it may be a false positive. For this reason I think it may be a good idea to check how your internet provider is reporting your service. Sometimes they advertise it as a home service, but use their business network and that triggers the ban.

I can get that. I assure you though we’re not trying to target you or anything. You’ve done nothing wrong. It’s just the silly system that is triggering this leaving us in this loop. Support gets hundreds, if not thousands, of tickets a day so sometimes you will get the copy/paste response that seems impersonal. With these Diablo 2 bans since there’s so little that support can do with it you’ll generally get a reply along the same lines. It happens. I’m not defending it, but that’s the reality of this type of work at times.

And that’s exactly why we like forum posts about issues. If we can find a trend, similar reports, or just more information in general sometimes we can have this looked into further. Going back to the system thing though this is one of those cases that not much really changes due to how old it is.

You’re fine. It’s just names from tickets. It looks nitpicky, but Europe has a big law called GDPR so we try our best to comply with it. There is a ton of info on GDPR online. They didn’t close the thread because of the names, they closed it because you kinda repeated the same points and didn’t really get anywhere all the while information was given via tickets (granted that said information did make you upset).

Fair. In case anyone else is having this issue I’ll leave this thread open and hopefully they can add more information to it.

Now, for information gatherings sake the biggest thing that helps us with this is seeing if it’s a provider or regional issue. So, if you could provide us the name of your internet provider and city that would be great. No need for anything additional. Hopefully if someone else does have the same issue they’ll add info here.

Wall of text done. All that being said I hope it helps get us some common ground as to what the issue is and help us understand each other. It’s my end of shift so I won’t be replying anytime soon, but hope you have a good rest of your day.

Edit: Before I forget, we still think testing a different network is worth a shot once the temp ban is over. Again, I think it may be a false positive due to how the ISP is reporting the connection considering it keeps hitting you with the same connection.

1 Like

"In general for these temp bans the cause is due to the IP that is being detected. If you’re using your regular home internet connection all the time then, in theory, you should never run into this problem. If you are then it’s likely a false positive. "

Yeah this is my whole point. Instead of people looking into a false positive or telling me what can be done about a false positive, I’m just being repeatedly treated as if “I must have done something from this list, figure it out yourself, or dont we dont care”

“They didn’t close the thread because of the names, they closed it because you kinda repeated the same points and didn’t really get anywhere all the while information was given via tickets (granted that said information did make you upset).”

I have to massively disagree with you here. At no point was I ever told basic information that you’ve now told me like my cd key being confirmed to not be banned. So to pretend like I was given all the information despite gaining new information on forums is not being truthful when your suggesting that the problem is the information “upset me” instead of the reality that “the information was incomplete and there was more they could’ve have offered me as proven by the responses from you and other staff here in this forum.”

Like lets be clear here; your the first person to confirm my cd key is not banned and its not the problem.

Lets be clear some more: Ironthorne was the first person to suggest to me using my phone as a hotspot to try another ip in two weeks (its a good suggestion imo but not one help tickets offered me)

Lets be even more clear: forums is where I learned that I was given another temp ban yesterday for attempting to log in again.

I understand you can think I’m just some upset unreasonable person but the reality here is that I am being censored and treated as if I don’t matter while getting extremely sub-par levels of customer service… at the end of the day I am a customer and this level of customer service is wild where I am being repeatedly treated as if I am the problem or that I’m unreasonably upset for having to endure grief from your company and play this circle jerk game where I’m off on a goose chase following your directions while getting banned and punished every step of the way and told off or told I deserve it or told its worth it when its not to me.

Instead of having to repeat myself in every ticket response, it would be nice to have a thread on the forum here I can point at and say “See I have clearly listed all my attempts to follow your directions and everything thats happened attempting to follow your directions” so that you, as staff, can stop suggesting that I need to try a dozen or more different things.

Like process of elimination right? You gave me a list of things, but if I’m doing them and knocking them off the list, than why am I still being repeatedly given the same list as if I didn’t attempt these things? This forum post is that tracking history of my attempts to solve this, cuz again, my tickets and my posts are being removed and that history of attemps is being removed with it, so again, every staff member is starting from ground zero of “heres ten plus things to try” when I shouldn’t hav to start from ground zero in every response in every ticket and every forum post… I should be able to keep that all in one place… and telling you that I’ve tried your suggestions and they don’t work, is not a justifacation to get upset with me and close my thread out of spite cuz you feel “Ive been told already” cuz that doesnt remove my problem, doesnt remove the cause or the effect and it only forces me to start all over again from the start repeatedly… this “policy” is creating endless grief cuz you’d rather sweep problems, like me, that you can’t solve, under the rug so people are not aware of them… why else would you tell me

“What you’re doing at this point is bringing this back up insisting on something that can’t be done to be done.”

instead of listening to the reality of what I’m saying

“I still have a problem, both the cause and effect are still active and I’ve been told by ticket help staff to post my progress here and seek managers/higher ups attention here… that forum staff are shutting down cuz forum staff don’t think I have the right to do that despite being directly told to do that here by ticket help staff?”

My internet service provider is called “Shaw” and you can find them by putting a .ca after that name. They are one of the biggest ISP in BC Canada, the only two options are really telus and shaw. The city I live in is Surrey BC Canada.

This is the package I pay for:

FIBRE+ 75

Good for users who want to browse and stream music on 3 devices at the same time.

• Up to 7.5 Mbps upload speeds9.
    Enter your address for upload speeds at your location.
  • Access Shaw Go WiFi hotspots
  • 24-month price guarantee

This needs to be thought about by the managers or higher ups cuz tbh this is going to heavily effect D2 RE if a bunch of returning players with legitimate keys are being repeatedly banned and repeatedly treated like this, most people would give up instead of getting upset enough to keep pushing through like me… and the sad reality is I think thats what your staff have been banking on me doing by trying to crush me and remove my tickets and posts.

Resurrected will be a modernized version of the original so it won’t have those play restrictions.

Thats great. I won’t buy it tho if legacy support is like this, I’ve got enough of a bad taste in my mouth from this that I can’t justify buying the remake if your history as a company is anything to look at.

I mean watch what happend to diablo 3, I pre ordered that and tell me it was worth it; it wasnt.

I think asking $60 for it is super greedy too cuz its a old game your just doing a reskin on like you did starcraft.

Like think about how many people are trying to get back into diablo 2 to get ready for resurrected; but cant; and meet you guys; and give up on it.

As of right now, there’s no official plan to change anything about legacy D2.

That doesn’t have anything to do with the company’s history, it’s simply a subjective opinion. For example, I have liked and still do like D3 along with a still very active and involved community.

It may be just a reskin to you, but there’s far more going into it than just that. The reskin alone required a brand new rendering engine. Plus that price includes both versions. The base version it’s not going to be free to existing legacy D3 owners.

“As of right now, there’s no official plan to change anything about legacy D2.”

Yes exactly this is the reason why I think its outragous your gona try and charge us $60 for a 20+ year old game and still leave us with this kind of sub par legacy support?

Why would I pay to support this? You guys are just proving to me that I shouldnt.

“That doesn’t have anything to do with the company’s history, it’s simply a subjective opinion. For example, I have liked and still do like D3 along with a still very active and involved community.”

Your response has nothing to do with what I’m talking about and you know it; or your a dishonest debater.

Diablo 3 was NOT the game “you love now” back than. What about auction house? Took them months just to get it in the game promising us about it, than it turned out to be really lame and they pulled it from the game… Or how about how for the first few months of the game barbs where so unbalanced to the point where they couldn’t get past act 1 in the last difficulty cuz the game was balanced for click away and fire gameplay instead of the mellee gameplay I loved from diablo 2 that caused me to PRE ORDER diablo 3

I’ll say that again: I PRE ORDERED diablo 3, so I seen every problem that happened from day one; to pretend like those problems didn’t exist cuz you enjoy the game now years later is just bluntly being a dishonest debater cuz the game today isn’t a reflection of its release, hell you couldn’t even pvp in diablo 3 and that was THE ENTIRE POINT of diablo 2 so it was a huge disappointment on release, donno if you where there on release or remember it but I was there and I remember it; blizzards track record for new releases are really really bad… I remember; I was there; I memeber.

Like your quoting “The base version it’s not going to be free to existing legacy D3 owners.”

But I dont think anyone thinks this? diablo 2 (TWO) is over two decades old game. Nobody is expecting it to be “free” if you bought diablo 2 OR 3… but asking $60 for this is greedy imo when the entire game has been made already.

You guys wana charge like $20-30 maybe even $40 I wouldn’t say anything… but $60? You think this reskin is worth as much as a AAA release? no. its not. And if blizzards history of releases is anything to follow (like d3 for example) than I dont have alot of faith when customers are being left like I am and being told “this is fine we cant do anything, please understand or go away”

Again, MVPs are other players. Not Blizzard staff. MVPs do not speak for Blizzard or represent Blizzard.

No need to prove anything. It’s your prepogative to buy it or not.

Again, the price is for both the base game and the remaster together, not just the remaster. Going off the prices of the lagacy games, the remastered part of Resurrected is likely ~$30, maybe less.

Or in actuality, you weren’t clear enough, Zoilus. Trying new features, balancing and many other practices are normal for game development. There are things that can affect Bliz’s history, and there have been some in the past. But none of those you mention has had a negative impact on Bliz’s history.

And true to form, you don’t listen when something doesn’t fit your narrative. You’ve already been told it’s far more involved than a simple reskin.

You’re going to find that no one is going spend the time trying to help/educate you if you’re just going to ignore everything that counters your position. Eventually you may find that all you’re doing is yelling at an empty room.

The biggest problem with Diablo 2 by far is the antiquated server platform, which has been studied through and through by hackers/cheaters, who are responsible for the majority of the problems.

In order for Blizzard to move the original game to the modern Battle.net platform, they’d have to heavily modify the original game to be compatible with the current Battle.net platform, which is likely no easy task for such an antiquated game, and likely something that can’t be done with a simple patch. I wouldn’t doubt that they first considered doing this, but then realized how much time and money they would need to sink into developing such an update, which the idea was probably scrapped and they decided to remaster the game instead.

The modern Battle.net platform is coming with D2:R, and is what I’m most excited about. The graphics enhancements are the icing on the cake IMO. There are plenty of positives of the game moving to the modern Battle.net platform: There won’t be any more temp restrictions for using VPN or if you’re on a business connection. The connection should be more stable. The servers won’t have the vulnerabilities that the old Battle.net platform was susceptible to. Blizzard will also have a lot more scope of tracking cheaters.

As far as the automatic two week restriction, Blizzard could have turned a blind eye on the chat spam bot issue and not implemented the restrictions, but you wouldn’t want to play in any public games or join any chat channels, otherwise your screen would have been flooded with green whisper spam. Public games would be constantly joined by spam bots posting their annoying item shop website links and pricing. Sure you could have kept your chat spam filter up to date, but who wants to do that? You could have also turned off private whispers from non-friends, but you’d have to turn it back on when trading. It was a huge mess and it wasn’t what I’d consider “fun”.

I stopped playing sometime around 2012/2013 because of the problem… Yes, it was going on for a LONG TIME before they finally screwed a lid on the mess in 2017. I started playing again in 2017 after hearing from friends that Blizzard finally fixed the problem for good.

Sure I’ve had my heated frustrating moments with the game as well. I was also restricted for 2 weeks about a year ago, because for a good long while I was able to play at work on lunch breaks… Then one day, it was like a switch… BAM, restricted. I’ve lost plenty of items while muling due to random disconnections/lag that were not due to my connection. Two ladders ago was plagued with constant nagging game creation queues, having to wait up to an hour to create a game!

Whatever decision you make, make sure you’re happy with it. If you decide to get D2:R, maybe we’ll bump into each other and lay waste to some demons. :smiley:

Good night.

1 Like

Zoilus. This is the Classic Games Tech Support forum, not the Classic Games Debate Forum. We know you’re upset about the situation and have thus tried to make sure that we explain the problem and reasoning behind it as much as possible, but we’re not here to go back and forth whether the price is correct, if the system is right or wrong, etc. At this point everything that could be mentioned in regards to the root cause of this problem (the old system triggering temp bans for you) has been said and there really isn’t much to add to that.

Since you’re not talking about troubleshooting or technical issues on your recent replies I’m going to lock this thread. Note that any threads that are not about tech support and derail into something else can also be locked.

3 Likes