Rendering device driver keeps getting lost in overwatch

My rendering device keeps getting lost while playing overwatch.

I’ve tried so much different stuff: I tried reinstalling the game, validating files, underclocking my gpu, setting a power limit, i tried adding a tdr, tried downgrading my nvidia driver, tried updating it, reinstalling it. But nothing seems to work, it keeps crashing after 5-10 minutes.

The issue has already given me a high timer on quickplay of not being allowed to play for 2 hours and it only goes up. I have no clue what i can do to fix it at this point and it’s very frustrating.

My specs: cpu: i9-9900k, gpu: rtx2080 with 32gb ram

Could anybody help me fix this issue please

Since this issue is specific to Overwatch, you may receive more targeted assistance by reposting it in the Overwatch Technical Support forum rather than Legacy Games Tech Support.

When you repost, it may also help to include a few additional details, such as:

  • Whether the crash occurs only in Overwatch or in other games as well.
  • The exact error message, if one appears.
  • Whether you’re using any GPU overlays or monitoring software.
  • Any Windows Event Viewer or crash log entries that coincide with the crash.

The fact that you’ve already tried multiple NVIDIA driver versions, reinstalled the game, validated files, adjusted GPU settings, and modified TDR settings will also let others know you’ve already ruled out many of the common fixes.

Support Article: Rendering Device Lost

I’ve also made a post on the overwatch forums but no one has yet to respond. I though putting it in both could help