Reinstalling Battle.net fails every time: BLZBNTBTS0000005D

I’ve tried turning off the antivirus, I ran as administrator, and deleted all the files in %appdata%, %localappdata%, %temp%, and %programdata%. Every single time I try to reinstall after these steps the bar gets stuck at “Updating Battle.net… (100%)” then after 30 sec I get the BLZBNTBTS0000005D error. I would guess there’s some kind of other files that need to be deleted somewhere?

The same thing here, Battlenet was uninstalled, but when trying to install it again the same error appears

i have the same issue uninstalled the game several times reinstalled changed to beta , updated drivers tried uninstalling battle net but was always buggy and said was running when it wasnt but i launched the battle net set up again and still nothing been this way for over a week now

Ok I fixed it with one of Blizzard’s tutorials that I was ignoring before because it was poorly explained what was happening…

Creating a new administrator account and installing Battle.net on that fixed it for me, but in other posts they were saying you basically have to abandon your current user login which I’m not doing cause that’s way too much to transfer. Installing battle.net on this second user name also installed it for me on my main user name though. Also didn’t think that’s how separate Windows accounts worked having never created another one before.

Edit: The post I was responding to was removed by the user or a mod.

I tried to link the forum page for instructions but it wouldn’t let me do it.