Refund for maintenance time?

It would seem that maintenance takes a large part of our play time that we pay for on a monthly subscription and it doesn’t state in any EULA I have read, could be wrong they are lengthy, mind numbing drool to read, that we are to pay for maintenance as well as game time. I have been playing this game since it came out and have a large investment in Monthly fees and store purchases, Blizzard games along with Diablo franchises. I’ve played Diablo, expansion Hellfire. Diablo 2, expansion LOD. Diablo3 and wondering if I should keep investing in a company that can’t keep a regular schedule. Maintenance “IMPOSED” on us outside of regular Tuesday down times are absurd. The schedules are random and not scheduled except for in many cases an hour notice. I have recently been playing during the day and receive a notice after a few hours of play time that the servers are going down in the middle of clearing dungeons and have to scurry to get a boss down or just not complete it at all. Isn’t it reasonable that after a certain amount of non scheduled maintenance that we should receive a prorated refund on down time for a game we pay for on a monthly/hourly basis. A month basically has 720 hours in it and I pay for that. now i realize that I don’t play those exact hours or I would surely die from exhaustion, but the reality of daytime maintenance is ridiculous to say the least. There is a certain expectation if you are a paying customer to have a quality of game experience and lately that has diminished greatly for North American servers. There is another expectation that most players will play the game in the daytime and sleep at night so there really should be some leeway on your part to accommodate the players and not impose a daily maintenance which hinders our ability to want to look at downed servers all the time only to see that the downtime has extended another few hours on top of the time outside of regular Tuesday schedule. Figure it out Blizz or refund us some game time I don’t want to play when everyone is asleep on my server. If you want to do maintenance i would grant that an extended Tuesday schedule could be reasonable if you are fixing bugs or connection issues however if it is just a small patch it can wait till Tuesday along with all the other glitches this game seems to have lately. Do Better Blizzard.

13 Likes

Lol no.

You pay for uptime as well as downtime. There is no guaranteed uptime or playability.

Go play another game or take a walk.

1 Like

They have extended this “scheduled maintenance” 3 times today. So, no my point is even more valid now. You can’t be serious I pay for downtime? If that is the argument just take my money and I won’t play at all? Only when the server overlords see fit to let me play. Your rebuttal is just an argument waiting to happen. The guarantee is that I pay for a months playtime not whenever which implies a reasonable amount of that time as “uptime”.

2 Likes

No we pay to play the game. A 1 month subscription should give you a month of play time not 2 weeks.

2 Likes

I can’t think of a time the game has been down for two solid weeks worth of hours within a month, not even at release when it was really bad.

Maintence time is generally factored into the Sub price, in that the cost is set based on the servers not having 100% up time. Prices were set during an era where Maint was about 12-14 hours a week, usually all day Tuesday. The costs have also not changed in 18 years, despite inflation and (on average) lower maint windows. Tues is normally rolling restarts or an hour down time.

Any compensation for Maint is made after all issues are resolved and the impact can be assessed. That is handled at a management level and if given, would be announced to everyone at once in a game news statement.

In the past, a day of game time was given if the game was down more than 24 - 48 hours. That has not happened in a very long time though. Last I remember was 3 days for the really bad WoD release where almost nobody could play for a week.

Keep an eye on the main WoW pages for any updates on the issue. This forum is for the Support section of the Website used by all Blizzard games.

Note: MVPs are other players, not Blizzard staff. MVPs do not speak for, or represent, Blizzard.

2 Likes

well, prices have yes increased over the years, and by a lot, might just remind you that not everyone plays in NA or EUW, I play in Latam and the prices have increased with NO REGARDS for the reality of our countries, do you confirm that indeed the prices in either NA or EUW whatever is the one you are talking about, didnt increase? Because IN MY COUNTRY, YES IT DID, so when I read comments like yours my blood boils, I want to play, what is this pathetic schedule of them? What is their excuse for 6 hours maint that started at 2 or 3 hours maint? Tell me, I wanna hear

They tried rolling out the new Trading Post feature on the EU and it badly broke things. They rolled it back on EU and will update later (whenever that is EU time).

US they did not release it and are trying to fix it before going live with the new feature that is scheduled for today.

You can follow that thread on CS if you wish.

Actually, go try the game now.

if the issue is server stability then why does blizzard not have a stand alone server for testing in house and only release patches after the staff themselves tune the game? why do we have to always be the guinea pigs and lose, to us, valuable play time and resource management opportunities while they tweak issues on the fly?

Miss Cheetah will you please stop making excuses for the inexcusable. Blizzard is in the wrong with all of this downtime and it is time they start treating the people that pay them with a little more respect. Stop your attempts at sugarcoating what is plain to see.

1 Like

Prices have increased in NA over the years as well… so your country isn’t the only one seeing it. Bliz’s problem is that they sold out to Microsoft… everything Microsoft has always been a problem. And if you notice… we’ve had more problems with WoW since the sellout. And I don’t doubt that it will only get worse. And… since Microsoft now owns it… get ready for more price changes.

1 Like

I am calling out miss cheetah out for being a liar in another thread just like this one she said that nobody reads that thread that would matter at all and she is here too!!!

1 Like

“This forum is for issues installing and running the Desktop Launcher Application.
If you wish to provide feedback about WoW, you would want to post on the WoW forums.”

Is what miss cheetah said in another forum, but she is here as well?

1 Like

Wouldnt taking a walk be the same option as going to play another game? When you try to sound smart and end up making yourself look like an idiot lmao. You KNOW this downtime is absolutely bs dont support it.

1 Like

Looks like a blizz simp to me?

Microsoft does not own ATVI (Blizzard, Activision, and King) are under that. The deal was scheduled to go through sometime in 2013, if regulatory agencies approve it. That has not happened yet and there are challenges being posed against the deal.

Subscription in America is still exactly the same as it was in 2004. Prices fluctuate in Canada though, depending on the value of the Canadian dollar.

prices have actually been increased so no idea what you’re talking about, used to be $16 now is 22$ on my bank statement so.

The USD prices have been $14.99 a month since 2004. Prices in USD have not changed. Currency exchange rates have changed over time resulting in changes to some countries. For example the Canadian dollar is worth less than 1 USD so it takes more of them to equal the same value.

There are also taxes applied by states/provinces and nations that have to be adhered to by law. If you are in the US and now have taxes applied those are the doing of the government, not Blizzard.