Questions aobut the WOW1 and WOW2 Tab when signing in

So when I go to sign in from the Blizzard app, more often than not these days I get apparently shunted the WOW2 server instead of the WOW1 server where all my characters are. Until i figured out that’s what was happening I was freaking out. Because I know I have characters on WOW but I was not able to find them but I first figured out that signing out and back in worked then I realized that it was sending me to this other server.

But my question is how can I stop it from shunting me to this server every time I launch the game from the Blizzard app?

1 Like

BJL,

That should be a setting in one of your application caches. If it’s not updating correctly, we might want to clear those all and rebuild them. To do this:

1. Press Windows+R to open the “Run” prompt
  2. Type one of the below locations and press enter:
    %programdata%
    %appdata%
    %localappdata%
  3. Delete any folders which say Blizzard, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment
  4. Repeat steps 2/3 for all 4 locations above
  5. Grab a new battle.net application installer from our website and run it

Once you do that you should be able to overwrite your old default account the next time you log into WoW 1. If that doesn’t work, reply back and let me know. Something odd may be going on.

1 Like

Thanks, I think now that I know whats going on I’ll just deal with it, if it wasn’t more that a little annoyance I might do this, but right now its a “meh” not an “Argggg!” So I’ll live with it but if it ever gets worse, or I get ambitious I’ll try this .

Appreciate the update, BJL! If you do decide to try the suggestion provided above and does not resolve the issue, please let us know :slight_smile:

BJL, wow1 and wow2 are not different wow servers but two different accounts that you have on your battle.net account.

Right by the play button is an “account” dropdown where you can select the right account to launch into from the App so you don’t have to log out in the game client etc