Profile API for Wow classic

Hello,
I just want to know if there is a way to get informations on a character in Wow classic with it API ? If not, could we use the API of Wow ?
Thanks for the answer.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what is your exact question but here are some information:

World of Warcraft APIs are separate in two groups:

For classic no. The WoW api only works for retail realms.

1 Like

We need API for WoW Classic :smiley:

2 Likes

Even though a full armory would make guild and raid management a breeze, but it definitely falls into the #nochanges category and I understand Blizzard wants to approach it with caution.

However it would be nice to at least get a simple list of characters from Classic Realms. This would enable us developers to develop tools that have strong authentication for raid signups, easier invite list composure with all the special characters people use etc.

Currently we use discord bots like Raid Helper to overcome this limitation but it’s very suboptimal compared to an authenticated API query of characters.

I past few days building a complete auth systeme because i thought wow.profile scope would apply to both classic and retails…
… i mean that’s really the most basic information we could expect of a mmo api…

ATM we only have access to static asset information…
… building api to share static data… w… why…?

It would really be enough to have the “Account Profile Summary” endpoint implemented for classic. This will be enough for developers since we then have a list of characters from a user and basic information like class, race and the other basisc.

Like Muta mentioned, this would be very beneficial and the corner stone of buidling for classic related websites or functionality around that information.

Except, there were profile APIs and an Armory in these eras… I don’t remember there being an auction house API back then but somehow we have that but not the profile APIs for classic…

I honestly believe that the real reason they’re not providing these APIs is because they want minimal investment in classic. They’ll invest just enough to offer it to keep you playing so they can learn from it for retail, but not enough to allow the creation of a community that is rooted enough to truly compete with or threaten retail. More APIs mean more development of external applications and community that would cause this.

#push still no reply :sob:

One year later still waiting for atleast a response. Will we get profile API anytime in the future?

we got some end points no official docs yet