Privacy settinger error

Same issue here.

Attempting to install the “new” authenticator app results in an error message stating that my privacy settings need to be adjusted but there’s no indication of what settings are incorrect.

I filed a ticket and they suggested I change the allow “private text chat” to “everyone” which did not resolve the issue.

My main concern here is that you’re going to remove functionality for the original authenticator before resolving this issue and I’ll lose my ability to access my games.

Latest android 13 build/updates for a Samsung S20 FE. No third party software installed that would block access to the app. Firefox browser, but also updated the privacy settings via a desktop browser to ensure they stuck.

edit: Contrary to the Pinned comment at the top of these threads… this issue is not resolved via an update.

2 Likes

Soooo…

I went into the privacy settings via my desktop browser and set everything to on and it seems to have done the trick in allowing me to log into the Bnet app and enable the authenticator.

I then went back in and disabled all of the stuff I really didn’t want (I did however leave the text open to “everybody”) and the app appears to be logged in correctly.

1 Like

Further follow up…

It appears that Battle.net groups is the setting that’s preventing access. I had turned it back off and when I attempted to log back into the app was locked out. re-enabling the Battle.Net Groups setting allowed me to log back in.

I’m strictly a single player kinda guy and have zero interest in group chat… I hope they’ll adjust this so that it’s no longer required.

2 Likes

I had this issue for quite a while now. Ticking on “Groups” fixed it. Thanks a lot!

Same issue here, ‘Friends’ and ‘Battle.net Groups’ as recommended on the support pages did not change this.

Device model: Google Pixel 6
Android Version: 14, Security update from November 1st
Default browser being used: Chrome (no other browser even installed)

I second the concern raised by sswilson, removing security functionality while not resolving the issues with the replacement for months is bad style and also very insecure.

Half a year later, still no solution (and the Blizzard Support just recommends to reinstall the app).

Very bad practice Blizzard.

In case someone else has the problem:

I just played with the account and found that once I activated parental control and switched the allowed privacy options in there as well to the required ‘allow’ status the app started working.

It might be that it is because my account age (it is from 2005) with most of these options not existing back then and might have been corrupted when they merged the account into the battle.net platform.

Still weird that I need to perform weird trial-and-error activities because neither Blizzard help pages nor support are helpful.