Pre-purchased game for wrong server

I accidentally pre-ordered the War Within for the US servers, instead of the EU. The problem is I already have played Retail in the EU servers and have no need for the US account and would love if I get the 50$ I spent ( completely my fault ). I opened a ticket but the response was :

If your order does not show up on the page, this means that it is not eligible for a refund and Customer Service will be unable to issue one manually.

I tried both EU and US links for refund, and only the game time is available for refund.
There is no reason why I shouldn’t be able to refund it since, I have not played, I don’t have any characters and I’m from eastern Europe so wouldn’t make sense for me to buy both games … Has anyone made the same silly mistake as me ?

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on Blizzard’s Legacy Games:

• Diablo II (2000) and its expansion Lord of Destruction;
  • The Blizzard Arcade Collection such as the Lost Vikings and Rock N Roll Racing;
  • Battle.Net Edition of Diablo I, Warcraft: Orcs and Humans & Warcraft: II.

Not sure why you are writing here… since you already have a topic on the correct forums:

1 Like

I understand your frustration with the accidental pre-order on the wrong server for War Within. While I can’t directly assist with account-specific issues or refunds, I can offer some suggestions:

1. [Contact Customer Support Again:]

• Try reaching out to customer support again, and provide as much information as possible about your situation. Clearly explain the accidental purchase on the wrong server and emphasize that you haven’t played or used the content on the US servers. Be patient and polite in your communication.
  2. Be Specific in Your Request:

• Clearly state that it was a genuine mistake and you have no intention of using the US server content. Mention that you are from Eastern Europe and it doesn’t make sense for you to have both versions of the game.
  3. Review Refund Policies:

• Carefully review the refund policies on the official website of the game. Understand the specific conditions under which refunds are granted and make sure your situation aligns with those conditions.
  4. Payment Provider Assistance:

• If you used a credit card or other payment method, consider contacting your payment provider. Some payment providers offer assistance with accidental purchases or disputes.
  5. Check Community Forums:

• Explore community forums related to the game to see if other players have faced similar issues. They might share their experiences and offer insights into how they resolved similar problems.
  6. Be Persistent:

• If your initial attempts do not yield a favorable outcome, consider being persistent. Sometimes, different customer support agents may have varying levels of authority or interpretation of policies.

Remember that each game may have its own refund policies, and the resolution may depend on the specific terms outlined by the game developer. It’s important to communicate your situation clearly, provide necessary details, and, if needed, explore alternative avenues such as your payment provider for assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.