Please consider reverting the price increase for D4 in Arg

Hi, I would like to ask if the recent price change for Diablo IV in :argentina: Argentina could be reverted to what it was less than two weeks ago.

Out of nowhere the price for D4 here recently went up on the Argentinian battle.net shop from roughly $10500 Argentine Pesos to $16000 (for the Standard Edition).

The reason why that increase affects us so much in particular is due to the ridiculous amount of taxes we have to pay for buying products and services in foreign currency (in this case, USD).
In total, there’s (currently) an added 75% in taxes to the final price.

So, if two weeks ago the price for the game in your store was roughly $10500 Pesos, with taxes it ended up costing roughly $18500 (not even taking into account how our currency is affected by more than 6% MONTHLY inflation rate).
Now at $16000 it would now cost us a whopping $28000 Pesos! That’s almost a 50% increase in what we have to pay!

To put things into perspective, the minimum wage in Argentina is $61.953 Pesos, so D4’s price right now is equal 45% of the minimum wage in my country.

I was fortunate enough to have been able to pre-order it back in January, but I have at least 8 friends with which I played the Open Beta with, all fans of Diablo that (understandably) weren’t able to buy it then, and are definetely not going to be able to buy it now (and not anytime soon if inflation keeps at this rate of 100% annually).

But I shouldn’t have to feel fortunate because I was able to buy a game months before release, it is unfair for all of my friends and all the players in Argentina and other countries with similar economic issues.

So please, think about at least reverting the change (not even asking for a better regional price), Blizzard always had an excellent reputation with the Argentinian gaming community since the 90s, and regional pricing used to be really fair and accessible here. But now discussion about the company took a sour tone since this change.
Reverting this pricing change will go a long way with regaining goodwill with your loyal customers here.

Thanks.

9 Likes

Finally someone put into words everything I felt when I saw the D4 price increase.
Wages in our country are not that high and the tax burden on the published price is huge.
It was an extreme disappointment to see the price increase. It is a sentence to play it with few people. My friends were saving money to be able to buy it at the previous price, now they gave up.
I hope the offices that deal with this can review it.

1 Like

Yes, even indie companies handle that better than this. On Steam you see a lot of announcements from Early Access games stating that price will change at launch, but Blizz dropped the ball AGAIN, by increasing without any warnings and silently one day to the other. If you compare with the regional prices from OW2, Diablo 4 makes no sense.