Performance problems with overwatch

I recently returned to the game with the release of the OW2 beta, and when I used to play the game ran at a reliable 90+ frames for me. However, as of late, that has not been the case at all. While I play the game, it drastically falls down to 0-10fps before shooting back up again, seemingly randomly. Looking at my GPU through the Nvidia overlay, it shows that whenever the framerate spikes, my GPU usage drops down to 0%. I have no clue what it is that cuases this. I’ve updated drivers, I’ve reinstalled the game, I’ve changed my Nvidia 3D settings to choose high performance for power settings as well as designate my GPU as the graphicsprossor for the game. This issue persists however, regardless of that.

Furthermore the issue sometimes, for reaosns I do not understand, just doesn’t occur and the game runs normally. This is an issue that only happens with overwatch and all my other games run fine.

My computer specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 (2.3GHz)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060
Ram: 8gp

I am on a laptop if this matters.

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on the Classic (legacy) games such as Diablo II: LoD.

For technical support on Overwatch, please use the Overwatch forums here:

Best of luck in your games !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.