Patch 8.3.0 - WoW Community API Character Profiles

Greetings adventurers,

We’ve received a number of reports and are troubleshooting issues related to character data updating in the World of Warcraft Community API.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to investigate these issues.

5 Likes

Thank you for confirming that you are aware of the issue and are working on it!

We are pleased to report that we believe this issue to be resolved.

Thanks to all for the reports and your patience.

1 Like

@Maguthul i am still getting many reports on wowchallanges of people not getting new data on there toons when trying to update as well as them not showing on the profiles api at all

This issue appears to be fixed for me. It does appear you have to log in/out of the affected character first though. Thank you for such a quick fix!

It is indeed fixed for characters, as far as I could see, thank you!

However, it isn’t fixed for guilds yet - the guild API still returns the state of a guild before the patch went live (with a timestamp before the patch and no Vulpera or Mechagnomes appearing in the member list yet)

Also noticing the issue with guilds - neither the Guild API endpoint nor Armory are reflecting changes to guild membership that have occurred since the patch. (Especially noticeable with players making new Allied Race characters that are not listed in the Guild API)

To reinforce the above comments that the Community Guild members API is not fixed, the Community Guild Members API is still returning Specs which are not up-to-date. For example Dionesia (lvl 120 Druid) on EU Silvermoon shows a Spec of Balance via the Guild Members API. She has not logged out as Balance spec for a couple of weeks. However the new Profile Guild Character API shows her with a Guardian spec which is correct. The guild concerned is Haven guild on EU Silvermoon.