Overwatch routing to wrong region Bug

I play Overwatch in OCE servers and ever since the latest update (the update broke my game and I had to reinstall) I’m being routed into Asia lobbies despite all my settings being set to Americas.

I’ve since had to download a VPN to bypass this issue and be routed back to Australian Servers but my game is still laggy and its annoying.

I am not the only person with this issue I have come across several others in game having the same issue. The same thing happened to them. They had beta and the update that removed it broke there game forcing a reinstall.

Extra Information:

My Internet connection is coming from Melbourne Australia, The closest OW sever to Melbourne is Sydney. Absolutely nothing on my end has changed, or is any different then it was prior to the update. I called my provider and they confirmed this. My internet is running fine for everything else. This only happens with overwatch and this started immediately after the update that removed beta. (The update which broke my game and forced me to reinstall.)

All I can think of is that restrictions for region were altered for Beta Testers. When playing the Beta, rather than putting me in a region best for me it seemed to put me in the most active one, the only way to control region in beta was through VPN, you could not change it VIA blizzard.

The issue I’m having with OW is almost identical behavior of what the Beta was doing it seems to be putting me in the most active servers rather than the one I have specifically chosen or which is best/closest to me.

I have completed the following steps provided in this link Connection Troubleshooting - Blizzard Support and it did not fix the issue.

Thank you for your time

This forum is for community based troubleshooting for technical issues specific to our older games like Diablo II: 2000. For anything Overwatch related it is best to post in the appropriate forum here.