Overwatch 2 - Game server connection failed..retrying

When searching for a game server I get " Game server connection failed…retrying…
update
After waiting from 30,000, 20, 10, all the way down to 800, then I received the same error as stated above.

25 Likes

i am getting the same i was even waiting for the 40k then 30k then 20 k then failed again its not cool one bit

13 Likes

This is still happening to me. I keep getting put to the back of the que.

7 Likes

Overwatch 2 - Game server connection failed..retrying - #2 by DragonNephi-1733 - Desktop App Tech Support - Blizzard Forums… same here

1 Like

I’m having the same issue because there is a server error message upon login. I’ve been dumped out of queue several times since servers went live at 12pm PDT.

3 Likes

Same, I am having no luck with the servers* and keep erroring and spitting me in the back of the queue. Good luck fellers hope we can just try the new and improved Overwatch 2!

2 Likes

Got into the game, DC, 30k que, now cant even get into a que since it keeps connection failing. I’m not the only one, why is this not fixed yet? I have reset my router, game, and BNET with nothing fixing it, I even REINSTALLED the game with no luck. Fix your servers or let me go back to OW1

4 Likes

Been in an error loop for the past 2 hours. Have yet to be able to connect to a server. I’m hoping Blizzard servers are more stable soon.

3 Likes

Same here, fix the damn servers already

4 Likes

Over 4 hours now for me, same message, just keep getting thrown out put back in and do it all over again.

3 Likes

Right as I got my turn, it failed then shot me back up to 20,000 4 times :]. Sanity is pouring out of me by the gallon.

3 Likes

First try and this is what I get…

1 Like

Some of you kids need to turn the computer off and go outside.

Petulant, whiney little children.

2 Likes

Im very upset but at the same time its whatever because its the first day its been out fully for 5 hours give it time

1 Like

Same issue. Searches for game server and says “game server connection failed… Searching for game server…”

2 Likes

So to update anybody that hasn’t heard, Overwatch 2 servers have suffered from a DDoS attack. That would explain why the game is in its current state.

1 Like

Having the same issue, though i believe there is a notice on the battlenet app stating they know there is a issue and they are working on it, still sucks non the less. I am currently installing a windows update just in case if that is a issue.

1 Like

Try to get logged out in game, after I logged back in I stopped having this issue and was pulled into an actual queue.

• So I managed to get myself into a queue after getting this error multiple times. After restarting OW2 twice I hit cancel it pulled me into a queue of 30000, then instantly to 200 and finally to 0. I had the same connection failed error. I hit cancel again and went to “connecting…” and then logged me out. Typed in my credentials, logged in and then got into queue.
2 Likes

Was outside, worked on the house inside too, fixed my thermostat, did some plaster work but I made time for the game and now I can’t play it.

2 Likes

Yeah I have this issue aswell and then it placed me in a queue behind 30,000 others and when i reached 10,000 it tried connecting to a server again and then put me in the bacj behind 30,000 again its some bull****

3 Likes