Overwatch 2 beta crash workaround

Problem: game was not playable with reproducible freeze (needed to sign out of Windows via ctrl-alt-del) with rapid slowdown (fps drop from 70 to the teens) followed by freeze in the Overwatch 2 beta client (2.00.8.0.97808) right after entering a game (a few seconds after hero selection, in training, quickplay, or custom game).

Workaround: I found this went away when I switched from fullscreen mode (my default) to borderless windowed, after which the game ran smoothly for hours.

I just tried switching back to fullscreen via Alt-Enter and the game continues to work for a match. I haven’t tried stress testing.

Possible interactions:

• GPU shader cache
  • lazy loading of assets at game time
  • freesync screen driver with custom game profile

i3 - 8GB ram - Radeon 460 4GB - MSI freesync monitor with “gaming OSD” software installed and configured to fast response time and color profile in gaming mode.

Hi,
Finally found someone who is facing the same issue as i am. But even after i tried going from full screen to borderless windowed, it still seems to freeze after 30 seconds and crashes everytime. I do not have any fps issues tho. Neither in Overwatch nor in Overwatch 2. Any suggestions on how i can fix this freezing and crashing issue?