Overwatch 2 account locked

My ow2 account was randomly locked a few days ago and I received no email from blizzard notifying me of it. Ive been waiting on the 1 customer support guy that might still exist to answer my tickets though all ive gotten is an automated response that told me nothing of value. I followed the posted steps to unlock your account. It did not work. It would be sick to know why this action was taken against me and if i could get actual help from peoples whose job it is to support the customers and not an automated system sending me a nothing burger email thats doesnt help in any way.

Same thing happened to me today and im still waiting but no response. On account settings it says account active but its still locked and i havent received an email or anything related to it.

To be clear, your account was “locked”? Not silenced, or suspended or closed?

If it was locked, that’s due to a security concern, not due to any aberrant behavior of yours. Unlocking an account usually just needs a password change.

That said, if you didn’t do anything to trip the security lock, you should look into what did and remedy it (email change, password change, 2FA, system malware scan, etc).

As for the tickets, if the initial reply doesn’t resolve the problem, simply reopen it for further investigation. As for wait times, tickets are queued. You’ll have to wait for your turn in line.

It does say locked. And in waiting for a response to my ticket i updated my password, and finished setting up the new authentication app (i didnt realize there was a new app till this). Im not sure what caused it to be locked as the only activity was my wow sub being resumed after a pause. Also like renos described mine also says it is active in account settings.

Hey Atreides,

If you haven’t gotten it to work yet, give it another try now.