Original Diablo II unable to connect to Battle.net

I have bought original Diablo II + LoD pack (4 CDs for PC) about 10 years ago. In the past I’ve played it in Battle.net servers but since long time ago I don’t play it.
Now I installed the game again because I want to play it. The installation was ok, but I can’t connect to Battle.net servers. I read over the internet that it might have to do with the patch and so I went to Battle.net website, registered and downloaded the game. I had to convert my old 16-key CD-KEY to a new 26-key. I’ve done everything right but still can’t access to Battle.net servers (any of them).

I’m running the game in a Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

My questions to you are:

1. Is my cd-key somehow blocked or banned? In 10 years someone could have used my key without my consentiment and have it banned. If so, how can I solve this? (I have the original CDs with me, I can prove it)

2. If the problem is not the one I described above, how can I solve it? I’ve already tried out everything I read in the support foruns (open the game as administrator, switch off firewall, switch off antivirus, etc) and nothing worked (I’m not using VPN).

Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance.

Here’s some things to consider:

1. Was the CD version uninstalled before downloading and installing the digital versions?
  2. What version of the game are you seeing? The downloaded digital versions install v 1.14b. But, it needs to be patched to v 1.14d. (The version # can be seen on the menu screen in the lower left corner.)
  3. Oftentimes, the auto patch doesn’t download and install itself upon first connecting. It will need to be manually downloaded and patched to v 1.14d.

If you have v 1.14d showing then it could be several other issues that may need help from Blizzard by opening a support ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.