Offline physical copy D2 Resurrected?

Any idea if there will be an offline physical copy for D2 Resurrected?

4 Likes

Physical copy? No.

Offline mode - yes.

You will have to authenticate online once and then can play offline as much as you want. Eventually if enough time goes by that you don’t get online for updates or whatever, then it might ask you to get online again to refresh the auth, but that is it.

There is no mandatory online only mode.

2 Likes

Why no Resurrected MAC OS version ? I bought original D2 + expansion and can’t re-download, Option is gone ! Blizzard is really shafting us.

Correct. Blizzard does not support Macs for most games anymore. They posted about removal of Mac Support for the original D2

Alright, because i was not able to play SC1 remaster when i did not had internet, because i had to login battle.net to start the game from the app, hence i asked this question.

I do, however hope they can make it in such way you don’t have to start the game from battle.net only, which is a problem.

I checked the downloads page and they are still there:

1 Like

He means on Mac. Diablo 2 on Macs is not supported anymore. Check the link I posted to Classic Tech Support.

Ah, on Mac, I see.

Is this confirmed by Blizz? I can play offline if I want or need to?

Well, they did say it repeatedly during the Deep Dive panel yesterday.

• Old D2 will stay exactly as it is on the original Bnet.
  • New D2R will have almost all the same features.
  • It will have offline mode - you have to log in to authenticate the license once, but can then play offline. It may eventually ask for an online license check again, but not for a long time.
  • Offline and online modes don’t mix.
  • No more character expiration on the servers. So even if you don’t have reliable internet you can safely play online without risking a char expiring due to failed log in. Enjoy playing with friends during times you can.
2 Likes

If not a physical disk copy, will there be a retail boxed version we can physically buy? Maybe a CE? It would be really awesome to put together with the old boxes.
thanks a lot

1 Like

I would buy a physical copy in an instant to go with my Blizzard retail PC box collection, but I’m not getting my hopes up. At this point we’ve had no retail boxes for:

Starcraft: Remastered
Warcraft 3: Reforged
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

At first I just figured they weren’t doing boxes for remasters, but then they didn’t even release one for Shadowlands (a non-CE I mean). I’m really hoping we get boxes for Diablo IV and Overwatch 2, but who knows at this point.

1 Like

why not … :´( ?

I hope that diablo 4 if there is a physical copy, because otherwise I would be disappointed …

4 Likes

there are alot of collectors that would buy the boxed version just to put it (factory sealed) on their collection shelf (myself included). Shame really, I think there are way more collectors out there then blizzard thinks.

3 Likes

i own all blizzard games as physical copies. this trend of only having online activated ones sucks big time!
Please make it so that collectors like me can keep having beautiful boxed games to display…

3 Likes

Sorry, no sale. This is unacceptable and VERY anti-consumer, draconian DRM bullspit they’re playing with. What happens if, gods forbid, Blizzard ends up going out of business? What happens when you can no longer play your game offline because the servers to remind this company that you bought the damn game no longer exist?

Screw that noise. Either we can play offline all the time, no restrictions, or no sale.

3 Likes

That is a hard pass for me as well. If I purchase a game, I don’t purchase it to play it until Blizzard decides they are tired of supporting and hosting it. I purchase a game to play now or ten years from now when I want to pull it off the shelf and pop it back in for another play through.

If I can’t do that with your game, then its a hard pass. No compromise.

3 Likes

Seconded. Diablo II (Resurrected) isn’t Diablo II without this. Will hard pass on the game until it supports true offline. Same goes for every D2 player I know.

It may be a monumentally boggling idea, but part of the reason people used to love these Blizz games is because they weren’t locked down. Part of the reason D3 was rejected by the D1/2 fanbase without even stepping foot into the game is because it was “always online”. Diablo isn’t WoW!

2 Likes

There was a Physical version for Starcraft: Remastered in Korea.

Guys if you wanna gift your buddies gaming consoles or controllers you can use custom mailer boxes from icustomboxes and get them printed in any design or style you want.