Offline mode with error BLZBNTBGS80000011

On May 5, 2024, I reinstalled the Battlenet application, tried to log in with my username and password, but it gave me an error about the inability to connect to the servers and the code BLZBNTBGS80000011. I thought, maybe some work is being done on the servers, okay, let’s wait. Just in case, I made a support ticket. They responded on May 9, 2024, and suggested a standard set of actions: uninstall the application, clear the cache, clear IP and DNS. I did all the procedures, nothing changed. The fact is that all other programs and service stores work. No application on my computer has problems accessing the Internet. Except Battlenet. I can install Diablo 3, but I can’t enter the game. I can install Starcraft 2, but I can’t enter the game. Technical support apparently cannot help. Has anyone encountered what kind of problem this is? Literally a week ago everything was working, here on you, everything broke off, out of the blue, out of nowhere.

Try changing your DNS and see if that helps. Also, can you specify the type of connection you’re using?

Ethernet
and of course I tried to change the DNS as recommended to me by technical support. I wouldn’t peck off people on the forum, including you, if everything worked out for me.

upd:
in the IP4 parameter I tried setting DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then I also tried 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.
Of course, reboot the computer for the actions to take effect. But alas, nothing helped me. Apparently i will still have to reinstall the entire system. But I just started playing through Horizon Zero Dawn and the Outer Worlds :cold_sweat:

Internet type meaning is it* cable, DSL, fiber, 5G, etc?

oh, sorry
cable type

Are you using security software that implements a VPN? This would cause login issues.

no way. My country prohibits the use of VPNs, I don’t use a VPN and, to be honest, I don’t even know how to use one.

At this point, I recommend reaching out to your ISP to find out if they are also blocking Blizzard’s services. I know some countries have connection difficulties stemming from needing to use routes that traverse other countries, so that may be the case here.

The fact is that I tried to log into my account through the battlenet application on other computers. With friends. And there were no problems. The problem is specifically on my platform. I probably suspect there is a need to reinstall Windows, but I wanted to get help from smarter people than me. In any case, okay, it’s clear, you can’t help, because

1. my account is easily and simply activated on other PCs and other Battlenet applications.
  2. I corrected and updated DNS and IP in all available ways and nothing helped, I need to completely demolish the system.

In this case, the last question: How often do I need to log into my Battlenet account so that it doesn’t get blocked. I just heard that you need to log into Ubisoft Connect at least once every 2 months so that your account and all the games purchased on it are not blocked, but how often do you need to “prove” yourself at Blizzard?

To my knowledge, they haven’t made any public posts about the login frequency requirement.

So I’ve been getting the same issue for the last week (or more, who knows haven’t logged in in a hot minute) and I’m fairly certain it’s not a you problem. I’ve attempted various DNS’s (cloudflare, google, Comcast’s default) and I’ve tried various exit nodes for my VPN and no dice. If your issue is anything like mine you’ll see that if you run a tracert or tracepath to the server IP addresses you’ll get about a dozen hops in and then it’ll timeout.

There are a few things that can cause this but it’s going to be out of your hands. Maybe it’s your ISP’s DNS lookup and you need to wait for the cache to get refreshed, maybe someone pushed a bad config at a datacenter somewhere, maybe it’s just that the internet is actually held together by shoe string and bubble gum…

Nothing you can do but sit around and wait, that’s what I’m doing.

Cheers.

1 Like

Update: Blizzard closed my support ticket as resolved told me to contact a local computer expert. Lack the basic skill set to diagnose problems with their own applications. :joy:

Exact same issue, exact same response from Blizz. Kind of mental that they think “contact a local expert” and “go to the forums” is proper tech support.

Well… if the notification e-mail still has that survey link at the bottom… perhaps that should be your next step.

Oh I submitted a survey. Especially considering I STILL can’t use the faulty app. It’s been 2 weeks for me.

This issue is possibly related to a cipher suite issue with the Bnet launcher during login, refer to the issue topic link below and see if it resolves your issue:

(remove the space after “htt”)

htt ps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/blizzard/t/blzbntbgs80000011-error-no-matter-what-i-try/41626/41

If your battle.net-####.log file in your “AppData\Local\Battle.net\Logs” has the following:

[BNLogin] {Main} Internal network error: 0 isNetworkError=false
[BNLogin] {Main} Login failed. error=ERROR_INTERNAL (1)

Then the above link should help.

This is only a common issue for users who harden their system security wise, and this in general is a oversight on blizzards part which has never been addressed.

Your system must allow TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA as a viable cipher or you will never access Bnet. Do not confuse the above cipher with TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 as they are different in this situation.

If this is not your issue, then apologies, but at least this is here for others who have this issue as the post above is kinda old but still works.

Oml, you are a LIFESAVER!!! Fixed me right up, ty so much. Hadn’t realized that BNet used ciphers to log you in, maybe next time I should pay more attention to that.

Running Enable-TlsCipherSuite -name TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA from an administrative powershell does absolutely nothing for me, and frankly I don’t feel like using less secure ciphers just so I can play some video games even if it did.

The full list of cipher’s my computer is willing to support is:

TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256

I suspect I have something configured that doesn’t allow me to use TLS 1.2.

The real joke it is is three fold

1. The blizzard forums use TLS_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 when you look at the connection details.
  2. It is literally a 2 minute fix on the battle.net servers since they are inevitably using OpenSSL or whatever the Windows Server equivalent is and configuring TLS 1.3 ciphers is trivial when you consider they have planned server maintenance.
  3. Blizzard is owned by Microsoft now. They should have known that a Windows Update or certain windows features when enabled would disable TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA

Every other service I use has no problem.

Honestly at this point all I have to say is: Skill Issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.