No Support from Blizzard CS

Long time Blizzard customer, still have my copy of Warcraft 1 and Diablo 1. I decided to try out Heroes of the Storm while streaming. I was warned (i kid you not) not to play this game with my regular WoW account because you can be reported for nothing and this game has an automated system, and no GM will help you.

I play two nights worth of Heroes, about five games in total. Three games I won, the other two games were nightmares. One had a single player who about 15 seconds into the game starts calling everyone noobs and decides to troll the whole game. Slow and painful loss. The other game it was a group of 3-4 people who did nothing but chase fights and PvP, they didn’t do any of the map events, and start harassing me because I’m going to the events.

Third day I log in I seriously have an “account penalty” and cannot speak or post on the forums, I’m muted.

I send in an “appeal” to Blizzard customer support, i see the chat lots of what I was supposedly panelized for and there is literally nothing abusive said by me.

First reply I get is what I’m assuming was an auto response, to paraphrase “follow the rules” and case closed, I cannot reply to the ticket, the ticket has no GM signature.

I send in another appeal, this time I paste the logs, go over them one by one and ask where I was abusive. This time the response I get was, “read the email you got, it explains everything” case closed cannot reply to the ticket.

I send in a third appeal, asking for a real person to actually look at what I’m saying, look at their own logs. I get a reply saying that I am now harassing Customer Support Staff and my account will be banned if I send in another ticket.

What in the world has happened to this company? Where is the actual Blizzard Customer Support, because I am a customer and this was not any kind of support that was helpful. No one would even look at the companies own log files that got my account panelized in the first place. This is bonkers. This is not the Blizzard I grew up with.

The following are the logs Blizzards system showed me. I was the one getting name called and harassed as you will see.

[DrX]: this guy calls the team noobs in the first 30 seconds
[DrX]: i agree
[DrX]: THE DROW RULE SUPREME
[DrX]: BUTCHER NOOOOO
[DrX]: but plz stop fighting the tank
[DrX]: rofl not a single person came to help
[DrX]: why are any of you fighting pointless fights?
[DrX]: so i’ll stop peeling off you nubs
[DrX]: welp this is over gg
[DrX]: i have the whole team chasing me half the map
[DrX]: none of you are going for the healer
[DrX]: dumbpantws
[DrX]: i feel like a piece of me has died
[DrX]: not sure whos being retarded
[DrX]: not sure whos being retarded
[DrX]: seriously uninstall

Line 1 = Someone starts calling our team names as soon as the game starts
Line 2= nothing
Line 3 = nothing
Line 4 = nothing
Line 5 = nothing
Line 6 = nothing
Line 7 = nothing
Line 8 = i said nubs
Line 9 = nothing
Line 10 = nothing
Line 11 = nothing
Line 12 = dumbpants was a team mate, meant to say something to him, was typing but then got interrupted - nothing
Line 13 = nothing
Line 14 = getting called retarded
Line 15 = getting called retarded
Line 16 = told guy calling me names to uninstall

The appeal system shows you a sampling of the chat around when you were reported, but not the entire log. Of what is shown, the last three would be something they might take issue with if it was reported. Maybe the dumbpants thing too as they would not know it was a name. We are not allowed to insult people, and telling folks to uninstall is just frowned on.

Blizzard does not consider the context of the conversation. It does not matter if someone else baited you, called you names, was horrible. If you respond in a way that breaks the rules, they can then report you. Never ever let yourself get baited into responding. Just right click report them and put them on Ignore. Let the mods deal with them.

At this point it’s pretty obvious why this game died and why Blizzard as a company is dying.

This is bush league. This is the kind of stuff that happens on private servers where there is no accountability. Blizzard Customer Support clearly couldn’t care any less about customers. I truly hope Microsoft gets directly involved with this company and cleans house.

1 Like

Wow this is an absolute joke