desktop-app-tech-support

Device Details:

Macbook Pro 13-inch
2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
32 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
MacOS Ventura Version 13.5

Problem:

The MacOS Version of the desktop application does not seem to write the microphone permission request into the code. I have tried countless times to uninstall and install the Battle.net desktop application, but there is no request for microphone permission. Instead, I am opening the Blizzard. There will be a microphone request when playing StarCraft 2.

I don’t remember that the StarCraft 2 game code needs the permission of the microphone. Instead, I often communicate with my friends through the microphone of the desktop application.

Even though the game requests the microphone permission, I still communicate through the microphone function of Battle.net during the game, but Battle.net does not obtain the microphone permission, so my microphone test also shows that there is no audio input.

I’ve seen similar questions asked by other people, but the answers to those questions are all outdated (a decade ago), and versions of Mac OS have been updated for countless generations. In the past, I could manually grant access to the specified App, but the Ventura version has turned off this function for the microphone.

If you guys are not willing to fix this bug in the source code, but can you tell me how to fix it or where I can contribute my code? I think I have the ability to try to fix it if you guys are willing to share the microphone-related code of the desktop program.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.