No longer able to log in to desktop app

I am no longer able to log into WOW because I can not connect to battle.net. I get the following error:
“Connecting… Attempting to reconnect - We couldn’t log you in to Battle.net. While you are offline, friends & chat will be unavailable, and you will have to log in when playing games or accessing acount management.”

It started a few days ago after I updated Windows. I tried system restore to before update and it did not fix so not sure if it is the cause anyway. I tried the suggestions from the article linked below:

(wont let me put link in post but article stating to reset router, etc)

I have tried:

resetting my network devices.
resetting my firewall
resetting my hosts file
uninstalling and reinstalling the battle.net desktop app
using system restore to go back to before Windows update
opening a support ticket just to have them close it without help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you using any of these?

• Sophos
  • Avast
  • Citrix
  • Norton
  • AVG
  • MalwareBytes

no just default windows firewall. I tried resetting it and even disabled it while trying to log in but still no luck.

Are you using a VPN or mobile hotspot connection?

no… But I did try using a VPN and a hotspot connection to see if it would make a difference and it did not.

Can you add your DxDiag here or link to it on Pastebin.com?

Dxdiag
pastebin /VpgZexDe

Looks like Windows tried to update and failed, so you’ll want to manually check for updates and resolve that.

There’s also a driver conflict occurring, which might be a result of the updates failing.

yes, It is a bug for the past 3 months KB5034441.
I was not aware of the driver conflict. Can you show me where to look?
Battlenet was able to log in before despite the failure to update. Where do I go from here in regards to that?

Then you would need to consult Microsoft for troubleshooting and a possible fix.

The GPU is quite old and likely relies on Windows updates to continue working with modern games.

yea it is old.
What is the next step in getting the Battlenet app to log in?
ty

I answered this twice above. You likely need to update Windows for Bnet to work properly.

I appreciate your help. Battlenet was working before the update error. Is there a way to narrow down definitively the problem?

Again, if Windows is out of date, it can cause problems with Bnet. I cannot deduce any further information until you resolve that portion of the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.