Newer Version of battle.net

Received a message that states We’ve detected a newer version of battle.net", that the one I’m trying to launch is out of date, and that I may have to fix my short cuts. I went to battle.net selected the update option and did not see any available link to download the newest version of battle.net Can anyone help me with locating where that would be?

1 Like

Hi,

Battle.Net downloaded an update this morning; the new version is 2.30.0.14752. To verify the version number of your Battle.Net, click on the blue Battle.Net logo in the upper left corner of the App and select Settings from the menu. The version number will be in the bottom left corner of the Settings panel:

We had a similar problem last month where Battle.Net wouldn’t update itself like it’s supposed to. The solution was to manually update Battle.Net – i.e. download the new version from https://download.battle.net/en-us/desktop .

You can refer to this topic for details:

Edit - 23 March 2024: A new Battle.Net update dropped this morning; the new version is 2.30.1.14758

2 Likes

That worked! Thank you so much for the feed back and the help. I really appreciate you!!

2 Likes

I ran into this problem late last month. Uninstalling and reinstalling battle.net is how I went about fixing it that time. It did not take long, but it was more work than when it would update without my intervention.

Yesterday evening it happened again. This time I did as suggested in the above linked thread and it worked fine after that (version 2.30.0.14752). Updating it this way, however, took much longer with progression bar getting stuck for a while at multiple points along the way.

This morning it is yet again complaining about a newer version. This time around I again uninstalled battle.net and reinstalled it. The new version is 2.30.1.14758. It also took an excessively long time to install (over twenty minutes), and it flat out got stuck at 99%. I had to close the installer and click on the battle.net program to get it to finish.

My question is will I have to start downloading and manually updating it each time a new version of the launcher goes live? It used to simply work.

Edit: For what it is worth, the Update Agent Version is 2.34.1.8636.

I see this “fix your shortcut” message on my Windows 11 PC at startup every time as well. It started in the past few days.

What is offensive about this is I never created a shortcut. I believe the shortcut it is referring to is the one that itself creates when you elect to start battle.net on system startup.

Blizzard, if your own update process is going to change the path to the battle.net executable, then you need to clean up your startup links too. Certainly don’t tell me that I need to fix them.

this is making me crazy I am on limited data and having to reinstall battlenet every time I want to play a game is total BS. the popup says continue with latest update and I just finished installing it AGAIN? please fix the issues, I am down on my knees begging

For some reason this is happening to me with the updated launcher. Even when I open it from admin.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.