New Player Appeal - Unfair Regional Pricing in Morocco

Greetings fellow adventurers,

As a newcomer to the World of Warcraft community, I’m excited to embark on a journey that many of you have been a part of for years. However, before I step into Azeroth, I’ve come across an issue that I believe not only affects me but many potential players in Morocco - the challenge of regional pricing.

Here’s a breakdown of the economic disparities:

1. Financial Hurdles for New Players: Being new to the game, I’ve noticed a significant difference in the pricing of the latest expansion compared to some other regions, particularly in Europe. For instance, as of my last knowledge update in January 2022, the average monthly salary in Morocco was around 6000 Moroccan Dirhams (MAD) (approximately 545 Euros), while in certain European countries, it could range from 2000 to 3000 Euros or more.
  2. Economic Realities: Understanding that game development involves costs, it’s important to recognize the economic differences between Morocco and Europe. The cost of living index in Morocco is considerably lower compared to many European countries. This means that the same amount of money goes much further in Morocco, but when it comes to purchasing power for entertainment, the current pricing model may still pose a significant challenge.
  3. Pricing Disparity Example: For instance, the current expansion is priced at 50 Euros in Europe. When converted to Moroccan Dirhams, this is approximately 550 MAD (approximately 50 Euros) or 10% of the average monthly salary in Morocco. Given this pricing model, new players like me face a substantial financial barrier to join the World of Warcraft community.
  4. Encouraging New Blood: A more reasonable pricing strategy could encourage a fresh wave of players to dive into the World of Warcraft. Adjusting the pricing to better reflect the economic realities of Morocco would not only make the game more accessible for newcomers but also contribute to the growth and vibrancy of Azeroth.

I acknowledge the complexities of game development and distribution but believe that a more balanced pricing structure would not only benefit players but also contribute to the longevity and success of World of Warcraft.

I invite seasoned players to share their thoughts and experiences on this matter, and together, let’s advocate for a pricing model that welcomes new adventurers to our beloved world.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

-FilthyAnas