New BNet Launcher is Bloated and Bad

Don’t need to forcefully see my friends lists all the time. Don’t need a huge block of news. Don’t need a giant box of useless info on my screen just to play a game.

It looks bad. Cluttered, bloated, and a huge mess.

The only good is I don’t have to see the stupid CoD games anymore.

Give us the option to minimalize. Let us hide friends list. That, fist and foremost, is what makes the whole launcher look bloated and cluttered. No one needs constant on the fly access to their friends list, and if they do, then they don’t have to use the hide option.

45 Likes

Agree on all points, except coming from a slightly different angle: I just want to see my friends activity on a manageable little pop-up. Now, there is no way to see if friends are on without bringing the “bloat screen” with all of the “news” etc etc on games I will never give a whit about.

So, what I would like to see is the ability to pop-out the friends list again. I only need the launcher, briefly, to launch.

10 Likes

So you want them to make it even more antisocial than it is now. Wow, okay.

1 Like

This whole new app is a trainwreck of information overload. It’s taking information from multiple sections of the old app and trying to force it into your face all at once, and worst of all is the fact that they aren’t even giving you customizations to hide the parts you dislike.

hay gais remember all the stuff we had in our old app? NOW IT IS ALL IN ONE WINDOW AT THE SAME TIME, JOSTLING AROUND IN A GRAND MELEE FOR YOUR ATTENTION, FOREVER

Please fire whatever intern designed this chaotic mess. Afterward, please ask their replacement to design a toggle function so that we can disable the parts of the writhing mass we do not care about. If people have to scroll down multiple windows’ worth of space just to see everything you are trying to shove in their faces all at once, you are defeating the purpose of that whole streamlining thing you might have been going for.

The one and only way this new launcher triumphs over the old one is that you finally gave us the ability to hide the garbage cawadooty spam. Grats on that, too bad absolutely everything else is such a tremendous mistake.

20 Likes

For the love of the Xel’naga, this thing is U-G-L-Y. A hideous patchwerk construct that hurts my eyes to view. The terrible instant messenger service, with the information overload for all your products and services that I do not and will never use, it’s all just awful.

20 Likes

I was able to deal with the already bloated blizzard desktop app previously. But the new desktop app update is overloaded with pure bloat that ppl don’t give a f about in the first place. This new update finally pushed me to officially not use the desktop app again, I’ll be launching the game exe directly from the game folders themselves just to avoid the garbage of a desktop app that blizzard has released. At least have the decency to throw in customization options where people can hide all the garbage full of bloat on the new desktop app update.

Even GOG does a better job at making a game launcher than Blizzard…actually I might just permanently use GOG launcher to boot up my from games now on forward.

9 Likes

It looks TERRIBLE in comparison to the old one…

8 Likes

When you lay down the basics of it – we are paying them to advertise stuff nobody cares about, in the hopes that maybe we may accidentally click on it to generate their click revenue.

Might be going back to the complexities of 2004 and launching by icon – stuffs crazy stupid anymore.

P.S- Fire the brainiac that designed to be tablet friendly.

7 Likes

sign 100%, this is just pure trash cant imagine that this did go truth to us to the Publicity…terrible

4 Likes

Um, their advertising their own products on their own platform. What click revenue would you be talking about. The revenue they charge themselves and then pay themselves when clicked?

2 Likes

If you truly believe a fortune 500 company has zero click monetization on something like this – may I offer you a plot of beach front property in Kansas?

1 Like

Agree 100%
A simple window as it used to be

2 Likes

I agree with you but there is 1 think. I don’t believe it was an “intern” who hade that awful idea. It looks like a new “manager” walked in there…

2 Likes

Agreed, however, I never asked for this type of management, we are forced upon us to watch apps, just to launch a game. Obviously we should be able to click of a button reach where we ended playing - Possibly even a unified icon, that allow any company to share icon, so you can launch your most resent game or save without delay - surprised Microsoft hasnt helped out in this matter, but they are to big to fail so cant expect much there.

people complain about anything … it’s just a launcher LOLOLOL

GOD, THANK YOU!
This new launcher is like if I asked someone who hates gamers to design it.
I don’t need a cluster-TRuck of columns and rows of icons I’m Not using.

Feels more like an ad executable than an actual launcher to me; shoving all kinds of crap I have no interest in all over my screen instead of just going straight to my game library. As a result I find myself playing my owned games requiring breaching of blizzard spam wall are of less and less interest to me…it’s only a matter of time before I just ditch blizzard altogether because of this. It is by far the most irritating and underhanded method of any DRM to try and spam you like this.

1 Like