New API: Many achievements and/or completed_timestamps are missing

Hello! It seems that starting today, the completed_timestamps for many achievements have gone missing. (Edit: That is, for characters that have logged in/out today.) I haven’t 100% figured out the pattern, but it seems that it may be affecting account-wide achievements.

I was primarily hoping to check if this was an intentional change made to the API? Or is this a bug that will hopefully be fixed?

This is regarding the endpoint profile/wow/character/realm/name/achievements?namespace=profile-us

Thank you

I’m seeing this too, large numbers of characters each losing hundreds of achievements compared to just a day ago.

I also haven’t dug in but one hypothesis that would explain it is if previously they weren’t respecting the “show character achievements only” preference, and now they are. (I don’t know if either is the case.)

If my hypothesis is correct, these deltas will be a one time thing and the achievement lists will stabilize other than the normal process of earning new ones over time, and the occasional transition where a character toggles their preference from account achievements to character achievements.

I guess I’m hoping all that is the case before I invest more time in trying to figure it out.

I’ve been doing a little bit more research and wanted to add:

• It seems that some achievements are completely missing. Examples include the “Fashionista” and “Toybox Tycoon” achievements.
  • Some achievements are there, but are missing the completed_timestamp. Examples include the “100000 Honorable Kills” achievement.
  • Some achievements that I have not completed are there. For me, the “250000 Honorable Kills” achievement is in the list, but I have not completed this one. Again, the completed_timestamp is missing, which in this case makes sense since I have not completed this one.
  • It seems that this issue affects non-account-wide achievements as well. For example, “Explore Mulgore” is there for one of my characters, but missing a completed_timestamp. In this case I think it may happen if the achievement was completed on a different character.

I have been doing testing using my own characters, and I do not have the “Show Character Achievements Only” turned on. So I do not think this bug is related to this setting? But again, I am not sure I have 100% figured out the pattern. Thank you!

I think there is a case where a player has partial progress towards an achievement. This is represented by no top level completed_at timestamp, but one or more criteria indicating an amount, completion, etc. If that hasn’t changed it might explain some of what you’re talking about above.

It does not on its own explain how so many achievements disappeared in 24 hours though.