MW3 dont lauching

This seems to be a pattern going on here. Since S1 dropped, these issues have been popping up, and I just so happen to fall into this boat as well… lucky us.

MW3 ran smoothly up to this point. A day ago (1/16/24), mw3 stopped booting up for me. Has been working since with no changes or upgrades on my end. I’ve done all the troubleshooting on the internet that I could find related to this, scanned repair (5 times), moved the game from my m.2 to SSD, same results, moved it back to m.2, same results, changed the file name, made it relocate the file, same results, and yet the game will not boot up past.

Checking the event logs, I would find something related to BITS and the power of chatGPT. I thought it was the BITS not running in the background, but even when I started that service, I would get a little bit of a longer process, but then, shortly, the game would crash.

The game seems to “run” (30 seconds) longer when I’ve just opened the game and window+tab on my desktop. I would make it to installing the shaders portion, but then it would force crash on me. No error messages or anything.

Before launching the game, it will always ask if I want to run the same in Safe mode. I’ve tried both and the results are the same.

MW3 is on version: 129.1.16888868
1080Ti version 546.65 (release date 01/17/24)
Windows 10 pro version 22H2
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type: 64-bit

Still looking for a solution. This might have worked back in December, but it doesn’t work for me. If anybody has a concrete solution to this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have the same issue. I have had no issue playing until yesterday. I actually played a round in the morning around 10 am, but later I tried to log on around 6:30 pm and it started crashing on load up. It let me get to the first screen multiple times then crashes with no error message. I have tried several different ways to troubleshoot on my own, but nothing is working so far. I have reset the PC, verified the files, uninstalled and re installed the game, deleted cache files, renamed the folder. Now I am stuck when the game starts trying to set the brightness settings since the reinstall. I have manually changed the graphics settings to lower and even tried safe mode. Lastly I have restarted the pc cleanly with no startup apps and MW3 still crashes. Each time it seems like it is on a timer and crashes after the same amount of time has passed whether I skip the intro or not. I can run any of the vast amount of games in my library but this one.

MW3 is on version: 129.1.16888868
Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i9-10900KF
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Windows 11 pro
64-bit

Any help resolving this would be much appreciated.

Same problem not sure what to do

I also am having the same issue! Blizzard/CoD needs to stop depending on the community to fix each other’s issues and actually have a dedicated support team!

2 Likes

same here any fi dont know how to fiit

Again, this forum is for Blizzard’s Bnet desktop app only. Nothing posted here will be passed on to the developers who work on MW3 or its ability to launch on your system. You will need to contact Activision.

1 Like

Having same issue with launching. Have tried several solutions. Emailing with Activision support with no help.

Hi Nichole.
Please correct me if I am wrong, I read Battle.net is responsible for facilitating the installation. This does appear to be an installation issue.

“We’re more than happy to help with any issues with Installation and Patching or problems with purchases of the game itself.”

having same issue since update any news

We having the same issue looks like i did basically the same things

So… when you click on the Play button… does the game try launching ?

I am confused, is the statement “We’re more than happy to help with any issues with Installation and Patching or problems with purchases of the game itself.” incorrect?

I am having installation problems but it looks like you are saying you are not happy to help with issues with installation.

Then you’re posting in the wrong topic… this topic is about:

If you have rewasd installed on your computer you have to uninstall that program

2 Likes

Im having the same problem whenever I load up the game it just makes me exit to desktop and I have even tried reinstalling the game

just allow us to access the game .EXE to launch without going thru the battle.net app and im sure it would roll thru smoothly…

Ummm yeah so that worked, I use REWASD for FiveM but i deleted it and COD is running just fine. Hope they fix this soon, and thank you

2 Likes

My name is right there and you misspelled it.

This is a loading issue of the game client, which is outside Blizzard’s control.

Ask Activision to implement this. They decide that, not Blizzard.

You saved me! I have been troubleshooting my PC for a week with no success and after removing REWASD, it works fine. Thank you for contributing to this forum.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.