MW2 Not showing up in BattleNet launcher/cannot preload Beta

sadly it did not change anything for me

i uninstalled and install again both nothing happen

This is the exact same problem I am having. Can’t add to favorites, not in library, can’t repurchase as it says I already own it. Infuriating!

My Issue was the same; I had both the game and the MWII (Beta) available as drop down options. However, I tried updating the Beta and it prompted me with the Issue of

“We need your permission to continue. Try again and when the Battle.net desktop app or Battle.net Update Agent asks for permission, please grant it. Thanks!”

I first tried to update several times, then I fixed it by :slight_smile:

1. Completely Exiting out of Battle.net via the task bar
  2. Relaunched completely (May need to sign in)
  3. I didnt have to, but you may need to Click Update again to re-run the update install.

Not sure if this will fix it saying there are thousands of people trying to install around the world right now, but this worked for me. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

So I actually went to activisions site and redownloaded battle.net and it forced an update and the game showed up in my list! Cheers!

1 Like

This worked for me! Had the same problem where I had the game and Beta both showing up, but the “Update” didn’t have permissions to continue.

1. Task Manager - Shut down all Battle.net processes
  2. Relaunch Battle.net app (Run in administrator mode)
  3. Update installed w/o fail
2 Likes

Same here, Reinstall didnt help. RU account. If I can’t play it, just give me back my code lol.

same here i can’t install and its not showing up when i try to add it as my favorites, my account region is RU btw

my account region is europe , tried littrelly everything still the beta don’t show up in the client

So I have it downloaded but I’m getting an error BLZBNTAGT00000870 and I’m unsure what the issue is? It reads as follows : We need your permission to continue. Try again and when the Battle.net desktop app or Battle.net Update Agent asks for permission, please grant it. Thanks!

Suggestions? Cheers

1 Like

guys, i have had the exact same problem, it is happening bc we have ru as region on account, when i created a new acc in a different region mw2 was present on my game list.

true)
but game already bought on another acc and i cant change region on that.

same here… excited to see when it will be repaired…

Knowing activision? after the beta ends.

2 Likes

ok got it
worked few years ago and now again:

go into you folder where you have the launcher:

• open it as Admin,
  • probably gotta update the Launcher and restart it (close it again and start as Admin again as the normal launcher will start)
  • Update it
    => Done
    (not playable at the moment)
1 Like

You sure u have RU account? Not working for me. Still not even showing MW2, only remastered campaign.

1 Like

oh no i dont have RU account. EU / Ger Account
after the update it showed me the new MW2. before with the old launcher it only showed MW2CR as well

I have the same problem and I wrote to the support yesterday but still no answer from them

have it installed but when can we play the game?

says game can not be played yet :frowning:

Not sure why that info is not on the Activision website, but I found this with Google: Here’s The Exact Time The ‘Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare II’ PC And Xbox Beta Starts And How To Play Early

Modern Warfare II beta weekend #2 Early Access begins Thursday, September 22nd at 10am PT / 1pm ET. This is open to all PlayStation gamers and to PC and Xbox gamers who pre-ordered or have an Early Access key.

So… I guess you have to wait a few more hours… assuming you are a “… PC and Xbox gamers who pre-ordered or have an Early Access key”.

Best of luck in your games !