MW2 account got permanently banned for no reason

I played the first mission on the MW2 campaign. Logged out, went to work, tried to play again later.

My account was permanently banned according to the Blizzard launcher. I tried to submit a ticket with Activision, but it is showing no ban detected. Since they don’t detect a ban, they won’t let me submit a ticket.

I’m in a loop of death where I can’t play a game I spent $100 on.

16 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. Played through over half of the campaign last night. Went to sleep, went to work and I’m home now and the account was permanently banned?

2 Likes

This just happened to me. I quit in the middle of a mission to do some things and when I logged back in the game restarted and I was banned for 3 months. I have NEVER been banned in any game before and this is ridiculous. This better get resolved.

3 Likes

Same. And what could we possibly be banned for in a strictly single player campaign?

2 Likes

Activision runs their game servers and handles penalties for them. Blizzard handles sales and installation through the Digital shop and the Blizzard launcher.

If you wish to appeal a ban for an Activision game, you would want to contact Activision.