Muted in d2 and server issues

This will be a long winded post I do apologize, but I have made other threads requesting assistance and cannot seem to get any.

First off I am muted in Diablo 2. This muted punishment as far as I can tell has gone on for 15+ years. Okay then. Well I get it I was a mean kid that naked killed everyone while trash talking, I get it. But I did buy a brand new D2 LOD key because I couldnt find my old one. So I shelled out 20 fresh dollars for a new game basically and I am still muted. For a variety of reasons I request this ban be lifted.

Next topic is server issues. I cannot tolerate how terribly this games server functions. On a good day I get DC 6-10 times a day. On a bad day it is literally and completely unplayable. I cant farm, mf, pvp, nothing. Nothing at all. Time outs, your connection has been interrupted, ect ect. There is not much lag really, I mean it does come and go, but mostly just annoying disconnects.

I have noticed a mantra of apathy in this forum that I am about to address. “Just be thankful this game is still running!” “Sorry but this is just the way the servers are” “We have limited support available for these retro games”. Okay fine. I have heard it all. But there is one large gaping hole in your logic.

You are still selling this game. That imply that this game is still supported, and will be supported in the future. Bottom line you are still supposed to be supporting this game 100% fully. So lets put aside the apathy or laziness I am sensing in this forum. Get something done, do some work, Please…

And another thing, if the d2 remaster is going to use these servers then LOL!! People will riot, rage, and post these forums to oblivion and back. Lets not have another warcraft remaster debacle, shall we?

Thanks for your time.

Some good news is that D2R will be hosted on the modern Battlenet, so many the technical limitations/restrictions of the legacy D2 and legacy Battlenet won’t be an issue. :grin:

1 Like

Can you guys fix the mute or not? Can you guys look into the server issues or not? No offense Leviathan, I was looking for answers to my immediate concerns. I gave it 3+ days. Thank you.

There are no GMs or anyone on the forums who can handle account penalties. I don’t even know if CS can do it for D2 (2000). If you want to find out, you need to put in a ticket. That is the only way they handle appeals.

Server issues - they know about it. I have not seen any updates though.

No. D2R uses modern Bnet and data centers. Not that the internet is perfect, it still has congestion and faults, but it would not be an inherent server thing like the old software might be.