Modify install not showing up

I Was going to install call of duty cold war but I didnt have the space so I saw the space I needed for just zombies. I minimized the launcher and uninstalled some games. When I came back to the launcher, it needed an update. Once I updated the launcher, the “modify install” prompt when you click install is gone. Now I cant play Cold War because I dont have 150 gb of space and uninstalling games just to reinstall them after I install cold war is more effort than its worth. Is it a bug or was this feature just removed? It is not on any of my call of duty games either.

Hey there,

So there are core parts of the game that have to be install regardless of what else you may wish to install/not install. Those core parts do take a significant amount of space. and not only that the installation part can take almost double the needed space temporarily as you download data and the installer applies it into the game folder. So even if you only technically need something like 85 or 100 or 150 gigs of free space for the installed portions of the game, you need significant additional free space for temporary downloads and patches/updates to properly install that data into the existing client.

If you are reaching the point of having to uninstall programs so you can fit updates to the game, it is time to consider adding another internal drive or replacing the existing drive with a larger one. (M.2 or SSD for most modern games) The Call of Duty Titles can be extremely large and need a lot of space.

there used to be a modify install button to press. I dont want the campaign,multiplayer,or dead ops arcade. I only want zombies and I used to be able to do that. now it is gone after 1 update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.