Modern Warfare & Warzone update keeps on looping

I cant update modern warfare. The battle.net app will start downloading the update for COD and when at 98% or 99% of the download, it will increase the download speed dramatically but the download progress will be stuck at the same number. If I pause and resume the download, the download will start showing less than 524.6 kb remaining (while it’s downloading at 10mbps+). If I again pause and resume it stops the download and prompts “Whoops something went wrong…” . I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and the app, deleting appdata, localdata, programdata, repair and fix, disk error check, defragmentation, etc. But nothing seems to fix the problem. I played COD MW previously without any issue. The problem started after the 40gb update in the middle of season 3. I have copied the game files from my cousin’s pc and played for a while after the season 4 update. But again a 200mb patch was given and it started giving the same problem. Mainly whenever the battle.net app starts updating the COD MW, it gives the same issue. Please help as I bought the game with battle pass and cannot play with my friends.

TKM,

That problem is almost always due to that last file you’re trying to download being cached or blocked on an ISP router somewhere between you and the patch server. To work around it, swap to an alternate network. (Disconnect your phone from your wifi and use its mobile hotspot data, or use a VPN.) Usually that will let you snag the missing file.

Thanks for the quick reply … I used vpn to solve the problem.

i am having the same problems with Warzone. I even Reinstalled Windows for it. I am downloading the game for the 4th time. If it gets stuck will try the VPN thing. Hope that fixes the problem for me.

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.